The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Paint questions. What color.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnoopySLR

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 14, 2002
Highland, Michigan
Never wanted to do this (I hate these kinds of threads), but I'm painting my car this winter and want some feedback.

What color would you guys recomend.
1.Yellow
2.White
3.Orange
4.Lime Green :rolleyes:
5.Brighter Red
6.Deep Blue
7.Black
8.Bright Blue
9.Something like that new pontiac orange

or whatever else you guys want to suggest. I'm not going to be cheap on my paint, so suggest whatever no matter what. Thanks guys!

Attachments

• paintjobs.jpg
    paintjobs.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 264
wow i must say, all those colors look amazing... if you would be able to get a yellow that was as fluorescent as the one in the first picture, thats the one id choose. like the evo from 2 fast 2 furious. by the way, IMO, you should go with "doo doo brown" :thumb:

For some wild paint you should check out www.alsacorp.com They have some cool paints.

Personally I would go wit a House of Kolors Kandy or pearl coat. Maybe tangerine Kandy, or black with a red or blue pearl.

You can do some crazy things with paint. Be adventerous.

I really like the dark blue but I am also partial to anything blue.

House of Kolor Kandy Koat Cobalt Blue with the Silver base coat. :thumb: My interior and your exterior would match.

I got the free information packet from alsa and would love to get that Eclipse paint from them. Black to white in the sun. I think I'm going to be ordering their test sheets as well as House of Kolors. I really want whatever I get to have flake in it, or something else thats original. I've got lots of ideas..... to many to choose from

Be careful of House of Kolors, you can't blend those pearl paints if you happen to scratch your paint/get in an accident.

The black is hot... With gunmetal colored flake in it... I want to keep the top black no matter what color I chose.

the bright red screems look at me,but if you didn't want looks i guess you wouldn't have cut your top off..i'd go red. did you ever get a full roll cage in that thing, or does it flex when you jack it up still?

green machine said:
the bright red screems look at me,but if you didn't want looks i guess you wouldn't have cut your top off..i'd go red. did you ever get a full roll cage in that thing, or does it flex when you jack it up still?

Well I cut the top to enhance my driving experiance, but yeah it gets the looks. I got pics of my cage in my gallery

hmm...that is a tuff call.

Keep n mind that it's not about the color...it's what you have under the hood. You may have the nicest looking color, but color alone will get you nowhere.

but if you really had to choose...go for the lime green. Fast n the furious style :thumb:

I am very partial to #6 me likes. anywho white is aslo a good color. :thumb:

2, 7, 8 :thumb:

I swear 2ga talons came in almost that exact color of #8, my firend with a 2ga is the exact same color and it's great looking.

Sorry i am really oldschool I guess.

Against dark paint like black tops I only like black and almsot blackish purple but there were a couple of Dare to be different colors to look at thrown in.

Black Orchid (1973 MGB roadster color, look at a pic in an MGB book at your bookstore.) like wildberry if it was layed over black. deep almost black violet, black in shade and has great deep highlights in sun.

or Plum crazy purple (Classic)

or HOK Cobalt blue

(it gets violet under street lamps and accentuates curves.)

I have to say that you should go with a deep blue like HOK cobalt blue, or Viper blue. Car looks sweet in any color though.

2 or 7...but get 7 to match your hood.

Hey Snoop, if you could do that to a 1G I would appreciate it, I am going to paint my 1G too and being able to see the same colors would be such a big help. If you can't though it isn't a big deal, if you can THANKS A TON!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back