The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

not really relevant but i need to figure this out.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abo91

Probationary Member
Apr 1, 2004
rehoboth, Massachusetts
i know this isnt really relavent to anything so i dont expect anybody to know it but i figured ide ask anyway. i just hooked up a new system for my car, and it sounds goodand everything works except the only time it works is when im parked or hold in the clutch while im driving, but if i rev it above 1G it kicks out, so i have no clue what the hell its doing. its the weirdest thing, so if anyboby knows what it is or has an idea please let me know thanx.

Do you have the main power wire to the amp routed right beside the rem wire?

yea, is that a problem? they have to go right next to each other when they go into the amp.
and there not together any other place then that.

Well I know that if you have them routed side by side the whole way you will get bad distortion and noise from the engine. When you said it kicks out above 1k, it makes me think that's the problem.

yea but i know for a fact its not cuz there not routed next to each other the power is on the passenger side and the remote is on the drivers side. u think having a pinched power cable could have anything to do with it? and i changed my ground too and it still doenst work

My friend's '95 GS-T started to actually cut power to the car causing it to stutter. The problem was their wasn't any fuse. Just make sure you get everything hooked up correctly so you don't run into these kinds of things.

check behind the peddles , you might be pinching one of the wires, running threw there making contact.....

I had an equally disturbing experience with my system. Hooked everything up correctly, no problems there. But my reciever will kick on and off constantly unless I turn on my parking lights or headlights. God damn electrical gremlins.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back