The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

No interior lights, no reverse lights, and no brake lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolfyslove

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 26, 2011
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Alright i have no brake lights, no reverse lights, no gauge lights and my needle doesn't have any lights.
I've already replace the reverse light bulbs and the dual fillament bulbs for the brake and tail lights.. my tail lights and head lights work fine, and my dome light works fine
now to answer your first question, ALL FUSES ARE FINE AND YES I HAVE REPLACED THE BRAKE LIGHT SWITCH, i've looked behind the cd deck for possibly a wire that was bear and was creeping up on another one.. nothing, i have very dim light on my test light in the back and im losing power somewhere from the brake light switch back, i know that for a fact my i have tested the fuse box to see if its fine.. anyone help me PLEASE i'm tired of getting pulled over for this.. its so dumb

If you have power at the fuse box but a weak signal back at the light I would trace the wire from the fuse box to the switch then the switch to the lights in the back. yes it will take work removing interior pieces but i have a feeling you will find your answer somewhere between the switch and the back lights.

I see you dont have side skirts... do you have rust through on either side of the rocker panels? like right behind the drivers or passengers door? its very common for eclipses to rot out there. i dunno in Iowa but here in the north east they do. but that could explain your problem if a wire's shielding is battered and the wire is corroding.

hope this helps also check all grounds and good luck!

i do have rust but i've checked there :/ damn things pissing me off.. i'm just going to rewire all the wires and just make it easier for me that way i don't have to trace the damn thing :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back