The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

need assistance with clutch job

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GIRman67

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 28, 2009
Billings, Montana
I'm here in billings and want to get my clutch replaced before the beartooth event in june and am wondering if anyone here has a garage and the willingness to lend me a hand and tools to use I had the main grunt work done (i.e. break the seal on the factory installed bolts) and couldn't go further as it got too late in the night (the bolts alone too 5 hours to break the seal on all of them) so if anyone is willing to help reply here and I'll PM u my phone number thnx

We could probably do it in a couple weeks at my place. Had my trans off a handful of times, and you really do need a second person when putting it back in. Is it just a clutch disc, or the pressure plate too?

i can help, dont know what i am doing, but have tools/garage to use man.

I'm gonna be replacing the throwout bearing the pressure plate clutch disc and possibly the throwout bearing clip my number is 6973955 I already have the entire clutch kit handy just need to put it in also might need the flywheel resurfaced/rotated whatever really wanna go to the my first beartooth run ever and wanna make sure the drivaebility factor is a-okay also got to MAECforum.com and say that I recommended you Rafe and I are always looking for more dsmers to populate that forum seeing as there are so few of us left thnx man :) i will bring your choice of food and/or beer as well too

so in addition to replacing the clutch disc pressure plate pivot ball, throw bearing and clip.....also going to be putting in a barely used Fidanza lightened flywheel along with it because I got a great deal woot

Yeah, you'll wanna take the flywheel down and have it resurfaced. Usually there'll be some docs in your clutch kit that says what tolerance and spacing are preferred. Clutchmasters on Central will do it for $40 I think.

sounds good I'll do it the flywheel came off of a 2g FWD DSM also just waiting for him to send pics

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back