The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Need a 91+ throttle body ASAP

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tstkl

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 10, 2005
SoCal, California
Hey, I finally figured out whats wrong with my car, the forrester intake manifold doesn't work with a 90 throttle body. I need a 91+ 1g turbo throttle body. Don't care about the isc, don't care about the tps, hell I don't even care about the throttle shaft seals. Anyone with the part who sees this, PLEASE PM me ASAP.

mods, I know you don't like to see ads here, but I figured since I need this part SOON and can't wait for shipping, it has to be local, and thus has to be norcal.

If you live in the midwest, DO NOT PM me

thank you

unless you know of someone located in norcal who has a 91+ throttle body

How about a 91-94 NT TB? I was going to use it with the 14b setup but I decided to use my smim and Full Functions big 75mm leakproof TB instead.

Attachments

• NT TB.JPG
    NT TB.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 179
you changed your sig,... :thumb: good to see you put that j-pipe to work

that may work, I'd need to find a 90 degree silicon coupler but it would be a step in the right direction. I called you but you didn't pick up. I wasn't sure if you were on the phone or its just too late and you didn't want to take my call. No big deal, just call me when you get a chance.

Im not going to have time to come back up for another couple of months, so tomorrow is do or die. I'll be limping it to slo one way or another, (LOL, dsmlink ftw, hahaha)

Good luck driving the car in limp mode the whole way. Do you know how to get to SLO town by backroads? I don't think they'll let you drive 35mph on the freeway.
:tease: :talon:

I was just going to throw my airflow settings sky high until my wideband was happy. I got it to kinda idle just by playing with the 50hz settings. Im sure I could find the percent of airflow that the boost leak is and tune for it. As long as I keep the tps low and stay out of boost, the car should run pretty well.

Im also going to jb weld the holes, so if that seals, it should be smooth sailing.

But just in case you weren't sure if you were right that first night we got my car started dave, heres the picture to prove it.

why a 90 throttle body doesn't work with a forrester intake manifold
PIC-0064.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Holy crapolie! That's a big boost leak.
You should be able to seal it with JBweld. The trick to getting JB weld to stick is to clean the area with brake parts cleaner. It doesn't leave residue behind. Apply the epoxy in thin layers approx 1/8" thick at the most. If it needs to be thicker, wait a few hours for the first layer to harden a little, then apply another layer on top of the first. You can also get JB weld to cover big holes by letting it sit for a couple minutes before applying, this way it gets thicker ( for lack of a better word, sorry I'm using "thick" in two different ways, know what I mean?)

you could say the viscosity increases, as even some "solids" have viscosities, LOL.

most viscous material in the world

The Pitch Drop Experiment

before anyone says it, glass does not have a viscosity. Anyone who believes that is an idiot. The reason the bases are thicker is because they were made poorly and you melt glass in order to make anything.

sooooooo,..... does that mean you have a turbo throttle body, or not?

In a couple hours I'm leaving, throttle body or no throttle body, so unless your rather quick, I probably won't be needing your throttle body.

a peice of duct tape lasted 240 miles,...

THERE IS A DSM GOD!!!!!!!

and it worked for two days until I got a 91 throttle body and switched it out.

the car has CRAZY boost leaks though, its rather annoying. All of my intercooler piping and intake manifold stuff is good, but the throttle body and the motor itself are just leaking like crazy. (I think just the biss is leaking on the throttle body, the gasket surfaces themselves aren't leaking...)

Dave, The car builds 10-10.5 psi with that wastegate set up I built. I tried to get as close to the oem tension on the actuator as I could, and looks like I did about a perfect job. Until those boost leaks are fixed though, this car will be a slow mo-fo. It feels like its about 30-50 hp short of when I first bought my car back in 05. Hopefully once those boost leaks are fixed and I add a washer to my wastegate set up (low teens psi, hehehe) we'll see some respectible power. Nothing crazy, just something that will put joe the plumber's car to shame. Silly plumbers,...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back