The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Megan oil catch-can

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spectr019

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 28, 2004
East Lansing, Michigan
I just picked this up for cheap, intending to use it only for the valve cover to intake route. I'm guessing there is a diagram in the box or on the unit itself, but has anybody used this product for what I'm doing? Three nipples, which is for what? Does one nipple need a breather filter? Is one meant for the pcv valve if you wanted to add that in there as well?

I'm GUESSING that one of the top two nipples is for the VC, and the nipple on the bottom left behind the observing tube goes to the intake. Again, I'm hoping there is a diagram when I get it, but I'm hoping for some help. Thank you.

Ben :talon:

You have been a member here long enough to know how to SEARCH!
Catch cans have been gone over here over a thousand times!

The one on the bottom looks like it's for draining the oil. The two on top; one goes to the valve cover, the other goes to the intake.

Just like he mentioned. The bottom is for oil drainage. On the top, one nipple will run t othe vc and the other nipple to the intake.
If you really want to catch more oil, i would suggest connecting it from the pcv valve to the catch can, and then from the other nipple on the catch can to the intake manifold.
This area sees more oil and would be a more effective spot to use a catch can. You can either vent the vc hose and plug the intake pipe nipple or run a 2nd catch can like i am.

You have been a member here long enough to know how to SEARCH!
Catch cans have been gone over here over a thousand times!

I know I know and I do apologize for it (I DID search, I didn't find my question/answer though), I just hadn't seen any cans that looked like they have THREE nipples for hoses, but now that the other members point it out, my answer has been answered. Thank you very much for the responses!!

You can either vent the vc hose and plug the intake pipe nipple or run a 2nd catch can like i am.

This is what I have done for a few years (venting the vc), however isn't that supposed to be receiving vacuum from the intake to work properly? Or at least not risk damaging something? That's why I'm switching to the can.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back