1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Major probs

Posted by tattered, Nov 19, 2009

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. tattered

tattered Probationary Member

Joined Nov 19, 2009
    heber springs, Arkansas
    I'm new to this site but i have a 1992 eclipse w/ a 1.8l that some one has cut the springs to lower it and made headers with welds that look like the rockies and leaks galore, the paint looks to be krylon and it looks like he tried to remove some of the engine bay fairing to try to help cool the engine. i'm not wanting to go to extreme just a little more horses and style but i seem to be having troubles locating aftermarket parts for this motor i would like to keep the motor if at all possible but if not then i guess i could look into locating another motor any help or advice would be highly appreciated
    :confused:

244  0

1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    · 1G DSM
  2. kainam00

kainam00 Proven Member

Joined Aug 31, 2009
    Auburn Hills, Michigan
    The first (and best) modification you should make is to fix the things that are already broken. Get the engine running properly and fix the suspension.

3. deerhunter0881

deerhunter0881 Proven Member

Joined Jan 7, 2008
    Lake Ariel, Pennsylvania
    agree^^^ fix the stuff that is wrong with it. You can get parts on this site from the classifieds too fix it then add the performance later.The after market stuff get from this site too there is always good deals on here all the time.

363  0

1992 Eagle Talon TSi
    manual · 1G DSM
  4. tattered

tattered Probationary Member

Joined Nov 19, 2009
    heber springs, Arkansas
    have a guy whos gonna rebuild another 1.8 l with me and gonna order the suspension parts but need a website that has the engine parts that i want like bigger pistons and cam so i can order before iwe tear into it any suggestions?

244  0

1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    · 1G DSM