The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Looking for help installing a few parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Talonman86096

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 22, 2006
Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
Basically I have a Thermal R&D exhaust system that I want to get installed on my car but dont want to spend a whole tone of money to have it done, as i hear its not really that hard of a project. My biggest issue is getting the car up off the ground to were I could get under it to do it and Id like to have someone that has experience doing installing an exhaust. Also have a few gauges I need to install and when it comes to electrical stuff I really have no expierence doing anything like that and would want some help with that also. I want the experience of doing these things but also would like someone that knows what they are doing to lend a hand. I figured I could probably save some money if I found someone that would be willing to help. We can of course figure out some way of payment for the help, beer, lunch, money whatever basically ha :rocks: Thought I would just post it up and see if anyone would be interested in helping out a fellow DSMer.

Talonman,

I would love to help, unfortunately I am in Afghanistan! For the exhaust I would recommend buying an inexpensive set of jackstands and a hydrualic jack to raise the car, And lower it onto the jackstands so you can work underneath.

Never leave a car on the jack without jackstands, hydraulics fail and you do not want to be under a vehicle when that happens.

There is not much hardware that holds the exhaust together, but if it is the stocker than there can be alot of rust and corrosion that make removing the hardware difficult.

I recommend getting it on stands and spraying the hardware that holds the exhaust together with penetrating lubricant or WD-40, impact it with a hammer to loosen up any scale or rust and let it soak. Do this a few times and when you ready make sure you have the correct size socket/wrench for the nut/bolt you are removing. Get a firm grip and keep it seated on the hardware while you remove it.

For the gauges, many years ago I discovered VFAQ "this was early 2000" it detailed how to wire up guages, port work etc.. it was my stepping stone for working on my own car, you will find information on wiring in there if you navigat through it VFAQ Site - Visual Frequently Answered Questions

I can help too ... I am in Lancaster. Just PM me. We can work something out.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back