The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Installed Dejon intake, but need advice for bov tube + crank vent

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MichaelSuch

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 30, 2008
Pinckneyville, Illinois
Hey guys I just installed a Dejon intake with BOV Recirc provisions and need some advice. I need a different BOV tube as mine is VERY tight and mine is cracked, looking for something a bit nicer, but I cannot find anything to use for a new tube.

My new intake also doesn't have a nipple for the valve cover vent so what do I need to do there? I've read so much about catch cans and just putting a filter there and it seems everything you can do will harm the engine. Any advice would be great

i had a old friend of mine he had the dejon intake pipe and he wanted to keep all the emissions stuff, he ended up drilling a hole in the pipe and used a valve stem in the hole took the core out and put the hose on the threaded part and zip tied it to secure it.

as for a new bov tube i wonder if lowes or some hardware store would have a soft enough hose to be able to route it easy or try a local junkyard to see what they have.

or just scavenge on other makes of cars for a tube with the right diameter and length.

For the crankcase vent, drill/tap a hole in the pipe. Then grab a threaded nipple from the local hardware store and thread it into the new hole.

For the BOV recirc hose, hit up the local autoparts store and look through their selection of radiator hoses. A lot of them have lots of bends and are the correct diameter. You may need to cut them as needed or put two together using a piece of pipe as the connection, but this usually works well and looks nice.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back