The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Spyder How to make an intake for a 2.4 (4g64)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

For all my non-turbo sypder owners out there... Okay you have options here you can get any 3g intake from a GS or RS cut to pipe to the size of the stock tubing or you can go to Auto Zone and get a Civic pipe but I find that using a 3g intake system works better because it comes with Mass Air adapter which is the most important thing that it comes with. 1. You will need to go to Lowes or Home Depo (Lowes is cheaper) the plumbing section and pick-up a coupling which the size you will need is a 3" to a 4" (costs about $6.80) and that's with tax it may be a little more or a little less. 2. You need to take the piping to a muffler shop or if you know someone with a buzz saw that cuts thru certains metals that will work too but make sure you match the size you need to cut to the stock tubing size. 3. Needed unless it came with the intake system you purchased, get some nuts and bolts from any parts store. 4. Finally put togeter and install. Also make sure they give you a 3" to 3" coupling with your intake system if not no problem Auto Zone may have one instock or if not make a trip back to Lowes. Coming soon info on what headers we can use without much modifing, but I do know we can use any fwd turbo catback system which I have not installed yet but I will and I will let you guys know if it works or not. NOTE: Make sure you angle it so it will not face the fan or you will get a bad idle and the car will shut off.

Attachments

• 4G64 (Small).jpg
    4G64 (Small).jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 1,985
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back