The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

Homemade HKS SSQV BOV kit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mccurdy

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 25, 2003
CaliforniaUS
I did a search and cant find anything with any merit. My BOV is dumping to the atmos and I wanna try to do my own recirc kit. Has anyone succesfully made their own?

I looked on ebay and saw its basically just a metal clamp and a 6'' long rubber tube, and what looks like a metal piece, which costs $32.00. Ripoff?

I think im gonna hit up HD this weekend and see if i can make my own. Anyone have any .02 to chime in?

perhaps i haven't fully inspected it enough, but how the hell do you remove the main piece of the HKS unit. It looks almost like a giant bullet attached to my TB elbow with a vent on the nose.

Where do i disessemble it to make the recirc mods?

I did a search and cant find anything with any merit. My BOV is dumping to the atmos and I wanna try to do my own recirc kit. Has anyone succesfully made their own?

I looked on ebay and saw its basically just a metal clamp and a 6'' long rubber tube, and what looks like a metal piece, which costs $32.00. Ripoff?

I think im gonna hit up HD this weekend and see if i can make my own. Anyone have any .02 to chime in?

They have the fitting for $10 on ebay, eBay Motors: HKS SSQV BOV Recirculation Fitting 1421-FIT001 (item 220247509200 end time Jun-24-08 12:10:26 PDT). I would just do rubber hose for a couple bucks plus clamps and call it good.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back