The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Help Me Decide Tuners - new wheels!

Which Set?

• ADR DV8 in Sand Black

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • Konig Hotswap Opal w/ Fake CF Inserts

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LxiMax

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 29, 2011
Uniontown, Pennsylvania
I need some help deciding on which set of wheels would look best on my 95 GST. The first set is 17" ADR DV8 in Sand Black. The second set is 17" Konig Hotswap, Opal in color, with Fake CF spokes. Disregard the tires on the Hotswaps, they are long gone and for the record they were 215/40/17. ( Came with the wheels, never ran them. ) Either set will have 225/45/17 Hankook V12 Evo's on them. ( Currently on the ADR's. ) Any and all input is appreciated. :)

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The sand black looks much better. The rim design is cleaner as well. Thin 5 spokes look bleh to me. Chrome also doesn't look good on our cars, especially a silver one.

For the record, they're not actually chrome. If you've ever seen the Dejon Tool SMIC piping, it's like their Almost Chrome finish, without the bling. The picture isn't the best either.

1st ones for sure... the second set looks cheesy imo

Sounds like a majority ruling! :) The first set however will become my winter set this year since I bought them used. I'd like to find something for next year in a Gunmetal or Hyper Silver color. The flatness ( no sheen or gloss ) of the DV8's just turns me off a bit. :/

Oem wheels should be a third choice! :)

Its so hard to find OEM wheels in my area. I'd like to find a set of 97+ GST 16's and a set of 4G 17's.

Im running an oem 3g wheel on mine but I plan on swapping out for new ones due to excessive road rash from the previous owner of the car. Ill be getting a set of off brand porsche wheels

Last edited by a moderator:
Im running an oem 3g wheel on mine but I plan on swapping out for new ones due to excessive road rash from the previous owner of the car. Ill be getting a set of off brand porsche wheels

I am too but I'll be, swapping for tsw vx1s pretty soon

Porsche offsets are wonky. Pay attention to what the specs are...

Do you want to talk about accepted vernacular, or the offsets? :)

God, not Konigs...

Hey I have Konigs! Granted I was a teeneger (like 10 years ago) when I bought them. Oh and they're something called the Tantrums and not chrome ;)

Anyway, I really like the first set. They seem to match the lower trim color and seem appropriate for the vintage of the vehicle.

Just pointing out your misuse of the word.
:rolleyes:
Thanks, Miriam Webster. Again, accepted vernacular...

Edit: Webster's also points out "askew" or "faulty" as meanings. You left that out of your detailed and on-topic response.

Now, should I point out your recent misuse of the website, or are you moving on?

What is this train-wreck doing in handling tech, anyway? The whole point of having a search button that allows you to choose which sub-forums is so I can avoid, as much as possible, Sebba's posts.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back