The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

fuel pump drained battery!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcjjones

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 3, 2011
Austin, Texas
I just recently hooked up an evo 8 ecu with a harness I made myself. I guess my soldering skills need work because dor whatever reason the mpi relay isnt getting power in the run position. So in a jam this morning I just ran a power wire straight to the fuel pump test wire.

Of course I forgot about it when I got to work. Leaving work the battery was dead because the fuel pump was running all day. My question is how bad is that for my brand new walbro 255 and my car in general? Also, since it wasnt running and the injectors werent firing im assuming the fuel was just being returned back in to fuel tank? Curious if I should change my oil if its drinched in fuel now.

Thanks for any help fellas

Your injectors should be fine, as they were not powered.

You may have shortened the life of the pump if it got hot, but otherwise you should be fine.
It was recirculating fuel all day.

How would running the fuel pump all day be any different than driving all day? In my opinion its the same. No different than driving multiple tanks of fuel back to back.

Well I thought of that, that its the same is taking a trip across country.

Better safe then sorry though.

Thanks for the help

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back