The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

Evo 3 tranny in 1g awd

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbotalon1g

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 19, 2005
Blaine, Minnesota
So what do you know that is helpful about doing this?

I have one, and I need to get some information straight so that I don't have my pants pulled down on a price to have it checked out.

I have heard that I just need to change the ring gear and I will be fine to that I need to change intermediate shaft, ring gear and a bunch of other shit i don't know.

I was told this by someone that offered to do work on the trans for me.

"there is more to do than just the ring gear. I would need you to either ship me your spare transmission for the parts, or I will need you to completely disassemble your other transmission and pull the front differential, the center differential, the output shaft, the output shaft pinion gear and its tapered roller bearings and bearing races and shims, along with your speed sensor, and a couple other little parts. You NEED to swap the output shaft pinion gear and its tapered roller bearings and races, and the front differential ring gear at the MINIMUM!"

Or could i just use and evo3 rear end

Thanks

Aaron

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back