The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECU upgrades question? Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadowdrag

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 17, 2005
Beaverton, Oregon
I am in the process of perchasing a ECU Eprom from dsmchip.com and these are the question they asked me:

1) A/C cutout at 5000 rpm? What is this?
2) knock sum on the boost gauge? What is this?
3) eliminate airflow cap and fuelcut? What is this?
4) Any change to idle speed? What is this?

My mods are in my profile. Can someone help explain what I need for these question.

Thanks
Jerry

OK, I've just received more info about my ecu. Jeff emailed and said that he was finish with my ecu and all I need to do is pay for it. I might received the ecu within a week or so.

I keep you all posted.

jerry

Jerry,

Sounds great. When you have everything updated we can start on the chip settings and do our teaking from there. I guarantee you'll love how simple and effective the setup will be.

Andy

Jerry,
I just got a stage 3 chipped eprom from Jeff as well, I'll be getting it in about a week. I'm just as excited as you man, I can't wait to get my car running properly. Andy, could you give me a hand as well? I'm gonna need it. Let us know how it goes.

-Chris

Just installed the ecu, WOW, MAMA MIA. My car sounds really sweet, the ticking from the injectors mellow down a bit. Car runs stronger than before and the settings on the SACF is zero out.

Andy, what setting should I be at this time? Do I want to be on the positive side of the SAFC or negative? Maybe a average base to start tuning with I hope:coy: . I have a pocket logger but I have no clue what to look for, increasing linear slope from 9 - 20. Logger is stating that my short trim is -12.

Thanks

I'm loving it,

Jerry

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back