The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

E-Manage questions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

91TSI505

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 10, 2003
Albuquerque, New_Mexico
1. Does anyone know if you can use a normal USB cable (or a cable i can buy locally) to link the e-manage up with a laptop or is there a specially made cable that you need to buy? (I know about the one Greddy sells but its real pricey) It looks like a cable you could pick up at a local PC store but im not sure. I already have the software so i don't want to buy the $100+ package when all i need is the USB Cable.
2. Do you need to buy the boost pressure sensor to be able to tune off of the 16x16 map or is that feature available once you began using the software on a laptop?
Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

you need to buy the cable that greddy sells to get it to work. There is someone who makes the cable and its a usb cable. The greddy one is a serial cable. As far as using the map sensor you dont need it to access and use the 16 x 16 map. With it you can tune off of boost instead of throttle position.

Nice, thanks for that info. I'm a member at that yahoo group but didnt find any info on who else might sell the serial/usb cable that i need. I'll have to look again, Thansk for your quick responses. :)

i was always under the impression that USB is way to slow for any data tranfer and from personal experience i does seem that way. so i am curious why would use USB instead of the DATA cable? im sorry if i sound ignorant i do not have an E-Managment but thought i might ask?

usb works fine for the emanage. Most newer laptops dont come with serial ports and instead of adding one its easier to just get the usb setup.

how about IR transfer or NET cards will either of those work?

danielbui said:
i was always under the impression that USB is way to slow for any data tranfer and from personal experience i does seem that way. so i am curious why would use USB instead of the DATA cable? im sorry if i sound ignorant i do not have an E-Managment but thought i might ask?

USB is WAY faster than serial assuming the periferal you are using is capable of using that much bandwidth. Probably not on any atomotive applications. One reason that ppl might want usb is cause most laptops that are built now dont have serial ports. (because they are so much slower and are now pretty much obsolete.)

danielbui said:
how about IR transfer or NET cards will either of those work?

Most devices made for automotive uses are made using antiquated equipment. As for IR transfer, no. And as for NET cards!?!? U mean NIC? If so then no as well. IR would be really tricky and involve the use of some sort of port replicator. NIC is a completely different mode of data transfer, no way.

yeah, thats wat i meant. i was curious on alternatives or other means of data transfer and was wondering how useful or capable they would be. Darn technology. now i feel old. thanks guys.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back