The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

ECMlink Diagnostic Mode Stalling

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LarryJoe

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 10, 2012
Davisville, West_Virginia
Recently I've been having trouble with the car stalling when coming to a stop. I looked at others peoples threads and they all said I need to adjust the BISS screw. So I went into ECMLink with the car up to temp and idling fine but everytime I ground the timing and diagnostic pin together the car just dies. So if the car dies everytime I put it in diagnostic mode how am I supposed to adjust the BISS properly?

UPDATE: Got a new throttle body, isc sensor, and tps sensor from throttlebodys.com. Made sure to adjust my tps correctly. Did a good BLT and fixed every leak. Car still won't idle correctly in learn mode to set the BISS. What to check next?

With ECMLink, the factory service manual procedure of grounding the timing and diagnostic pins should be ignored. DO NOT ground the timing and diagnostic pins to set the idle speed. Just adjust the BISS screw so that the ISCPosition reads 30 with the engine completely warmed up.

Jim

I wasn't aware of this. But don't you need to have the vehicle in learn mode so that the ISC centers itself? Just trying to understand.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back