The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Broken wheel bearings

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaysblacktalon

Probationary Member
Mar 31, 2010
San Francisco, California
Well today my wheel bearing just went out and started making a very bad noise metal scraping the worst sound ever to heard, anyways i ordered a pair of wheel bearings inner and outer for the fronts, just wanted to know if it is recommended to change the front hubs aswell???? please respond asap thanks!:)

If you have the money and are going to be ripping apart your wheel assy. you might as well:hmm:

I would. In fact, I'm in need to within the month.

I'd just go to a junkyard and pull the whole hub and upright assembly from a NT. The 1G front wheel hubs are strong, and a NT car doesn't strain them as bad since they're lighter and less powerfull. You can even grab the hub from a 1.8 NT, those cars are really light and underpowered, the hub and bearings will probably look like new. All 1G's use the same bearings. There's 2 different hubs- with ABS or without ABS, the ABS hub has a couple of threaded holes to attach ABS hardware, so ABS hubs will work on a non-ABS car, but not the other way around.
HTH and GL.

I'd just go to a junkyard and pull the whole hub and upright assembly from a NT. The 1G front wheel hubs are strong, and a NT car doesn't strain them as bad since they're lighter and less powerfull. You can even grab the hub from a 1.8 NT, those cars are really light and underpowered, the hub and bearings will probably look like new. All 1G's use the same bearings. There's 2 different hubs- with ABS or without ABS, the ABS hub has a couple of threaded holes to attach ABS hardware, so ABS hubs will work on a non-ABS car, but not the other way around.
HTH and GL.

Hey thanks alot, anyways im new to this dsm world and would like to learn more about my dsm and its capabilities. see you around and thanks again.

Finally have the two front wheel hub assembley, now a new problem has came up and is wondering if anybody has any solutions in getting my rotor of the wheel hub.:confused:

Sure!
It's kinda easy. Look for 2 empty threaded holes in the rotor between the studs. Get 2 bolts from somewhere and thread them into the holes evenly, that'll press the rotor off the hub. The 2 bolts should have 12mm heads, like the one holding the power steering hose to the drivers side motor mount, or the bolts holding the upper radiator mounting brackets.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back