The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

boost gauge?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gstcrazy95

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 16, 2010
Muncie, Indiana
so I have a jdm boost gauge and a/f gauge. Today driving into town i noticed my boost gauge wasn't working. It's stuck at 0 between boost and hg. I've never hooked gauges up due to the fact the car already had them installed when i bought it and this is my first project dealing with a turbo. Help please!

thanks

Hose might be kink'd

Look around the engine bay for a "T" off hose connection

Most common places people will tap for a boost gauge is either the blow off valve hose or Fuel pressure hose

Also around the intake manifold

If your mechanically inclined, trace the hose from the back of the boost gauge and see where it leads; while making sure the line is connected/secured

How is the car driving? This happened to me once, but it was because the waste-gate had become stuck open. It's probably either that or it's kinked, if the gauge did previously work.

What make/model gauge? Electrical or mechanical?

so I have a jdm boost gauge and a/f gauge. Today driving into town i noticed my boost gauge wasn't working. It's stuck at 0 between boost and hg. I've never hooked gauges up due to the fact the car already had them installed when i bought it and this is my first project dealing with a turbo. Help please!
thanks
Is the gauge fluctuating at all? Does it move when the car is off to when you start it up or even just turn on the key? If you are driving, does it have any movement at all when the engine is under a load?

I found the problem. My "T" connector for the boost gauge in my engine bay was broke. So i went to autozone and bought vacuum connectors and it works now. the only problem is it's a different designed vacuum connector and now it shows me maxin out at like 10-11psi where before it was 15 osi. any help?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back