The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Boost gauge

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jdam15

Proven Member
Jul 25, 2015
Midwest City, Oklahoma
I am new to this and I need help with my 91 eclipse turbo fwd, I have bought it and both boost gauges are reading different, the aftermarket one is reading 3 to 4 and my stock one is reading over 10 what is the deal.

Stock gauge is a calculation. Aftermarket is a direct pressure tap. 4 lbs is lower than stock. My guess, at a minimum, is you have a leak on the line to the gauge, especially if youre using the crappy the nylon tubing most of them have.

Yeah I have the line and its on the p labled on the throttle body on top. Ive never seen it there is that right?

It's the line that runs from the intake manifold to the fuel pressure regulator (FPR)

Splice the line and install a plastic T and run that line to the boost gauge and make sure you zip all your connections, don't want that line to come off while your driving

Fuel pressure regulator on the end of the fuel rail. Splice on the manifold side. That line runs from regulator to solenoid to manifold. Splice between the solenoid and the manifold. Get rid of any nylon line and run vacuum hose to a hose barb on the gauge.

Ok well ill do that. So another question I have. I bought this car and alots been done. So I have an aftermarket bov and I should be able to vent to atmosphere but I try and it dies on me everytime I let off the gas. And I have a 20g turbo on this car so im told. I want to learn as much as I can about this car. Please help

If you still have the stock mass airflow sensor, you should not be venting to atmosphere. What's happening is the maf is metering the air that's coming in and everytime you let off, all that air that has been accounted for is gone, leading your car to run rich, stumble and stall

You would need either a MAF-T or to switch to speed density. Honestly, I would say spend that money on maintenance first, ie. Timing belt, oil change, fuel filter, spark plugs, wires etc. just make sure the car is running right and it's 100% Before you get into modding

I have done all that basic maintenance. I even removed the oil pan and replaced gaskets.

Car run and sounds great. Just want to do little things right now and make alittle more boost.

No I read it and its a logical thing not to vent, I wasnt doing it for hp. I was just told that when I bought the car he tried to and I was asking the question on it. Thank you for all you guys help so far im sure ill need more help. And I have been reading on here. Its alot to learn. But its cool.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back