The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Blowing Blue Smoke...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quirk

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 21, 2009
Perkasie, Pennsylvania
Just got my car back after being on/off the road for the past 1-2 mos. I bought a evo iii 16g turbo, since my 14b was blown.

Now I am exp blue smoke on idle, and when I rev the car. It's blowing a lot too. I am NOT feeding the oil from the head, someone told me I should.

I was wondering what it could be, it's a brand new turbo. Would I damage anything by driving it around?

Thanks.

Oh weird, It's safe to feed it from the head though? Don't most people feed it near the oil filter?

Dont just assume its the turbo. The valve seals could be toast too. I made the mistake once of using brake clean to clean the head, it killed the valve seals. But also, just the sitting around not being started and then started up with no oil could rip the seals.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back