The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

BAR to PSI conversion on gauge

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eclipsegsx1736

Supporting VIP
Nov 11, 2003
Los Angeles, California
I have a Greddy boost gauge that measures in BAR, any way to take the face out and put in a PSI face so that I can have it in PSI and not have to replace the whole thing? thanks

:dsm:

When I got the car it allready had blitz racing boost gauge and pyro gauge on the pillar. Now my engine is broke in and I am going to put on my mbc and i dont know how to read the boost gauge its not done by american readings. Like it goes -60, -30, 0, 0.5, 1.0 and so on. Can someone clue me in please.:thumb: :talon:

twocanewayne said:
When I got the car it allready had blitz racing boost gauge and pyro gauge on the pillar. Now my engine is broke in and I am going to put on my mbc and i dont know how to read the boost gauge its not done by american readings. Like it goes -60, -30, 0, 0.5, 1.0 and so on. Can someone clue me in please.:thumb: :talon:
Yes it is read in bar. The 60,-30,0 is your vacuum. From 0 to 1(or however high your gauge goes) is boost. 1 bar=14.5psi. Type in "bar psi coversion" on google and it'll tell you all about it.

Here's a chart telling a bunch of conversions: http://www.volvoclub.org.uk/photopost/data/514/33bBar_to_psi_.jpg

Yhea its in bars of boost. The gauge is round and when the car is off its at -60 then at idel its 0 . My camera took a s##t on me , that sucks for me I know:cry:

Is that why I stay around 0.5 hooked up the stock way?What are the little bars between 0 and 0.5 ? Theres 4 of them in bold black then a small line in between each of those.

probably fractions of a bar. makes it more accurate. i dont know why anyone would use bar as a measurment unless they are running more than 60psi and unless your john shepherd you wont be running that much.

1g_tsi_awd said:
Not to be a dick but 1 bar = 14.7 psi...

bar is also known as atmospheric pressure...

Wrong. 1 bar does not equal 1 atm, but it is very close.

1 bar=14.5psi
1 atm=14.7psi (These psi's are rounded to the tenth)

Conversion site

Thanks for the info guys, I want be ggoing after Shepards record...LOL..its a fast a## DD though! I got 3 bars on the BLITZ gauge.

also, just for future reference, google has an awesome calculator built in. You can seriously convert just about anything. Just type in " unit1 to unit2 " in the search bar.

Jeff

Some Japanese gauges use bar and some use Kg/cm^2 (Blitz uses this a lot). They end up being similar but not exactly the same. The latter equals 14.22 psi. Just something to look for.

I was wondering whats the most accurate way to read a regular boost gauge, reading it while u rev the car on neutral or reading it while you are driving the car at its max boost:confused:. i got an after market one that was already installed when i bought the car. It reads from 0-30.
will appreciate any help, thx.

Yhea its in bars of boost. The gauge is round and when the car is off its at -60 then at idel its 0 . My camera took a s##t on me , that sucks for me I know:cry:

If the gauge reads vacuum then when the car is off it should not read -60 and at idle it should not read 0. Does this gauge have an electric sender or does it have a manual tube feed?

I was wondering whats the most accurate way to read a regular boost gauge, reading it while u rev the car on neutral or reading it while you are driving the car at its max boost:confused:. i got an after market one that was already installed when i bought the car. It reads from 0-30.
will appreciate any help, thx.

Your car should not be making boost at idle or in neutral even if you rev it up (unless it has been modified with a two step). It should only build boost under load and the gauge should only show boost pressure then.

it doesnt read boost at idle, when i rev it on neutral the max it shows is 7psi and while im driving it and i give it gas and reads about 13psi. Yesterday i put in a mbc and i was just trying to figure out which way to read it.

The "how to read it" stuff has me scratching my head...

Idle is a vacuum condition. Boost is a positive pressure condition. The end.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back