The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Allignment, toe caster camber questions................

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

14.5 drift

Banned Member
Feb 25, 2004
o.c., California
What are the factory parameters for toe caster and camber of my car, 96 gsx automatic if that helps. Does any one know a link for this information?

any one? I am mostly concearned about the caster, and the most aggressive settings some of you guys are running? Thanks

Off the top of my head, 3.x to 6.x degrees, with a target of 4.6 degrees. Have fun trying to change it.

- Jtoby

ps. many 97+ DSMs have mismatching caster from the factory, due to the compression-arm bushing on the driver's side being upside down. This is easily correct with a 10-ton press.

jtmcinder said:
Off the top of my head, 3.x to 6.x degrees, with a target of 4.6 degrees. Have fun trying to change it.

- Jtoby

ps. many 97+ DSMs have mismatching caster from the factory, due to the compression-arm bushing on the driver's side being upside down. This is easily correct with a 10-ton press.
I was reading on tire rack that the more positive camber the better, that it helps high speed stability as well as understeer. They also mentioned on some front wheel cars the caster is not adjustable, just to be certain we can definatly adjust the caster on our cars

P.S. I would never attempt this myself, I am getting new wheels and tires in a few days, I plabnned on doing a full allignment as well

Also what is better, toe in or toe out? I planned on keeping the camber neutral to save treadlife, but are there any substantial gains to positive camber as well?

good luck trying to find a place that even does caster/camber ... most places only do toe...trust me i am a tire tech and i never see the alignment tech doing caster/camber... ask for print outs all the time...best thing to do is come back to complain your tires are still bended inward or outward and you want the caster/camber fixed

More front positive camber will give you undertseer.
More front negative camber will give you oversteer.

Aim for zero camber at static ride height, the suspension travel will negativly camber on it's own, during suspension compression
If you're into better turning, you do not want to increase positive camber, if your at stock ride height. If you have positive camber at static ride height, than this will lessen the flattening-out of the tires' contact patch during turning.

(Right Jtoby?)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back