The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

95 Headlights to 97 headlight swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hypebeastdizz

Probationary Member
Sep 21, 2010
Virginia Beach, Virginia
I plan to swap my 95 bumper for a 97 front bumper. I was reading that you need to swap the headlights to the 97 year too...

Does anyone have any steps to swap them out?

Along with the fog lights?

Do i swap the headlights first? Or the bumper?

I plan to swap my 95 bumper for a 97 front bumper. I was reading that you need to swap the headlights to the 97 year too...

Does anyone have any steps to swap them out?

Along with the fog lights?

Do i swap the headlights first? Or the bumper?

Just remove all your 2Ga stuff: headlights, front bumper cover, and fog lights. Then bolt all the 2Gb stuff on in place of it, everything uses the same mounting points it's fairly straightforward.

Seems simple.
Any special tools required?
Or just flatheads and screwdrivers?

(I'm new to the tuning world haha)

Removeing the bumper will allow you access to the bottom bolts for your headlights. There are 5 bolts in the middle near the hood latch. Two where the bumper meets each fender. These are 10mm bolts There are also 2 tabs under each headlight that are clipped to the bumper support. There are 2 14mm bolts holding each side of the bumper support in. unbolt those and slide the bumper straight foreward. Then you can grab your 10mm socket again and undo the top bolt, remove your air cleaner, undo the two bolts behind there (two on oppoite headlight too), and the bottom bolts you revealed when removing the bumper. Reinstallation is reverse of removal.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back