1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

6 Bolt Swap help in Youngstown

Posted by Pitbull2o08, Sep 9, 2010

Please Support Feal Suspension
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. Pitbull2o08

Pitbull2o08 Proven Member

Joined Feb 7, 2009
    Fayetteville, Ohio
    Is there anyone that can help with the finishing touches of a 6 bolt swap in a 1998 GST? I'm new to dsm's in general so any help is appreciated.

Thanks

2. wrkls

wrkls Probationary Member

Joined May 19, 2008
    chardon, Ohio
    still need help?

166  0

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    · 2G DSM
  3. Pitbull2o08

Joined Feb 7, 2009
    Fayetteville, Ohio
    i might on sunday. fitting the flywheel and dropping it in. custom CAS is what i'm confused about still. it seems too simple. plug it in, connect blue wire to white wire.

4. wrkls

wrkls Probationary Member

Joined May 19, 2008
    chardon, Ohio
    let me know! PM me if ya need my number for any questions

166  0

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    · 2G DSM
  5. CHAR-FT

CHAR-FT Proven Member

Joined Dec 25, 2008
    Hermitage, Pennsylvania
    it really is that simple! did you get the RRE version?

6. Pitbull2o08

Joined Feb 7, 2009
    Fayetteville, Ohio
    yeah it wasn't bad at all. it's all swapped in now and running fine. I'm going to be rebuilding my e316g and replacing the worn t25. i'll post pics later

almost done
    [​IMG]

all cleaned up
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

How can i fix these headlights so they will be brighter and not have the light impeded by the plastic housing?
    [​IMG]

7. id_redneck

id_redneck Probationary Member

Joined Jan 23, 2010
    Sandpoint, Idaho
    the best way to remove the yellowing of the headlights is to progressivly wet sand. Start by using 500 grit paper on a da sander. Then move to 1000 grit, then to 1500 or 2k. Finally buff with a rotary buffer with a good polishing compound. (I have had good results with system one) Available at most auto paint stores. Be sure to keep them plenty wet when sanding and to tape off around the lights to prevent any paint damage