1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

2G Spyder windshield on coupe.

Posted by ray1999, Aug 9, 2020

Please Support VR Speed Factory
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. ray1999

ray1999 Probationary Member

Joined Jun 14, 2020
    Richmond, BC, Canada
    Hey guys! Needed some advice,
    My windshield on my 1997 GSX is cracked, and there are no windshields available for replacement from any shops locally and they have tried all their suppliers. Now i’m able to get a windshield from a convertible, or even a 95 GSX, so will either of those work? and what are the differences between the coupe/convertible windshields as they have different part #’s. Any help would be great as this windshield gets worse and worse by the day and i’m curious to know what could come up while installing a spyder windshield.

Thanks! and stay safe.

2. BlackGSXEclipse

BlackGSXEclipse Proven Member

Joined Feb 9, 2007
    Maryville, Tennessee
    The vert windshield will not have the mount for the rear view mirror because on the vert it mounts to the chassis. It will fit just fine though.
    The 95 GSX windshield will fit a 97 just fine as well.

Street Build 2K  0

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    manual · 2G DSM