The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Window motor regulator issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ninja GSX

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 18, 2010
Pompano Beach, Florida
Here is my problem. My driver side window motor still works I can hear it when I operate the switch. However it seems that the motor has somehow become disengaged from the regulator as it doesn't move it up or down. Plus I can manually push or pull the window up or down.

I am hoping it is just a screw or a bolt that has come loose because it sounds like removing the motor is some work. When I took the inner door panel off I did find a loose nut with washer that appears to have come off of something but I can't find it yet.

Any suggestions you guys might have would be appreciated. Thanks.

take your door panel and everything off. Hook the switch back on and watch the slider move up and down or pull your window up and down too see what is going on.

the nut and washer you found seems like it is for where your window attaches to the slider.

I have the panel off, removed the switches from it and have the switches hooked up. I'll take a look at the slider. I'll look to see if there one that keeps the regulator engaged with the drive gear on the motor but it is difficult looking around in there. Will I have to drill out rivets to get the whole mechanism removed if I can't find an easy fix?

I took another look at it in the daylight. I still can't find where that nut came from. It looks like everything is where it is supposed to be but for some reason there is no gear engagement between the regulator and the motor. Like maybe there is a gear on a shaft that has sheared off or become disconnected. Or maybe the motor has been dislodged. Can the motor be unbolted?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back