The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

What's wrong with my hole?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Talonman said:
Steve please comment and make sure I got it right per your description in the thread above, and make changes where needed :thumb:
Great job, only one issue. on a male DB9 connector the pins are numbered right to left. They are left to right on a female connector.

As far as "You dont need the rs232 circuit below (From MMCds website) with a Palm or anything with a rs 232 serial interface built-in." Thats just wrong. I know your just trying to same and active interface isn't required but it's the fact that newer RS-232 interface chips like the ones used in battery operated devices like PDA's and laptops are far more forgiving than the standard requires that makes the passive interface work. The data signal to and from the ECU is 0 to +12 volt swings. The spec requires negative voltage swings of -3v to -25v with respect to signal ground to be considered logic '1' (the marking condition) and voltages of +3v to +25v are considered logic '0' (the spacing condition). The passive interface can't generate these negative voltage signals, it can only go to ground. The active interface uses the same type of chip with charge pumps to generate standard compliant voltages, both positive and negative, so that it works with any serial device that supports the ECU's data rate.

Steve

Steve

Not hijacking, but could someone send me the PocketLogger software? I'm getting a used cable and PDA with my Talon but he doesn't have the software (he bought if off eBay).

Hit me up on AIM at e30matt or email me at [email protected]

Im going to turn the diode around,solder all the connections,and see what happens.You guys are very helpful.Bosljeff and I took the bullet on this one. :|

TurboJunky said:
Not hijacking, but could someone send me the PocketLogger software? I'm getting a used cable and PDA with my Talon but he doesn't have the software (he bought if off eBay).

Hit me up on AIM at e30matt or email me at [email protected]

We don't support piracy here.

If somone bought a pocketlogger from ebay there is still a a way to get in transferred into your name.

check out www.pocketlogger.com for the details.

steve said:
Great job, only one issue. on a male DB9 connector the pins are numbered right to left. They are left to right on a female connector.

I edited the pic for everyone but left the db9 male connector since it seems most of the cheap Ebay and homemade cables you get have a male connector. The one I got for $20 from a guy here at Tuners came with a male connector. No biggie you guys can just get a slimline db9 female to female gender changer to plug your logger cable into your hotsync cable. Radio shack has em for a couple bucks.

I switched the diode around.I didnt get serial comm error this time,I got ecu comm error.So I said f*ck it,went to radio shack and got 10k ohm resistors,and the right diodes and a new male connector.Made it exactly how talonmans diagram is.Went to the car with mixed feeling about it,plugged it in,started the car,IT WORKS!!!!.Thanks steve and talonman.The diagram helped alot. :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back