The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G whats a deep/best sounding exhaust system?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stock exhaust with a 3" DP to a dougs or equivalent electrric cut out is what i run. drives like a stock dsm but when you wanna rip you just flip the switch and listen to that turbo spool! or i had the apexi N1 and it was real deep.

Thanks for all the great ideas! i definitely have an idea of what i want to get now. i do like the thermal....its a bit pricey though. i also like the SRS. If i can find a thermal system for a good price im goin to jump on it

3" downpipe strait piped

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 124
  • 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 132
Full 3 inch with no cat and a magnaflow. Cant ever go wrong with that. My dad had a megan on his and it sounded good as well. I like full 3 inch with the magnaflow the best though.

If u want a loud & deep exhaust Megan downpipe to Megan catback! I have the loudest n deepest exhaust out of all my dsm friends who are making more hp (500+) than me

My GS-T has an SRS Ebay brand exhaust on it. I believe it does anyways. It sounds nice at idle. I have never heard it going down the road because I do not let anyone drive my car. LOL

I have a 1g with a flowmaster if you'd like to hear it. Just fyi a 1g and a 2g will sound the same. The amount of bolts on the flywheel doesn't effect how the exhaust sounds. Lol

Sent from my piece of junk 2 year old smart phone via tap a talk.

+1

I don't understand why more people don't run thermal:). I'm running 3" Megan downpipe into a 3" Megan test pipe, right into a throaty 3" thermal cat back or should I say test back mua ha ha ha

+4:hellyeah:

I run a thermal with a megan dp and it sounds real deep but also kinda quit at idle. Pics in my profile of how it sits on my car.

I'm also running the thermal with a rre downpipe with cat delete. I love the growl it has.

I'm running a 3in turbo back to a Magnaflow muffler sound awesome during idle and WOT.

The Apexi Dunk is literally the deepest sounding exhaust I've ever heard on a DSM or any car of that matter. Its not produced anymore but there are still some floating around.

Eclipse GSX flyby! - YouTube

I have an ebay(miragepower?) 3", no cat with a 2.5 to 3"DP. 272 Crowers and it sounds really deep. No raspy sound at all, not ricey. Hell, with these cams its impossible to sound like a honda LOL

So far I like Thermal R&D and that Apex'i Dunk the best.

The Apex'i N1 is a nice sounding exhaust, but it is not the deepest or nicest sounding.

So I've narrowed it down to 3.

Custom 3" with a magnaflow Muffler

Thermal R&D

Apex'i Dunk (if you can find a used one)

I'm also running the thermal with a rre downpipe with cat delete. I love the growl it has.

I have a 3" cat delete DP with the Thermal catback also. It's not too loud and has an awesome rumble to it.

The Apexi Dunk is literally the deepest sounding exhaust I've ever heard on a DSM or any car of that matter. Its not produced anymore but there are still some floating around.

Eclipse GSX flyby! - YouTube

Shut up you. You don'e even have a DSM anymore.

:p

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back