The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

U-joints (DSM vs. Evo3 vs. Aftermarket)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

8-9 has a staked in joint, so it's not serviceible from mitsubishi. So idk what that part you have is, and assumed it was a 1-3.

So "These joints are on many 789 evos here making 700+hp. So where do i not see the rocket science (not appliance btw as its not a cooker or fridge) LOL funny though." is irrelavent as they take the power with an original OEM mitsu U-Joint - not what you have there. And for the record, they don't take the power. My car twists them with ease....

Here we go again..LOL. Easy boys. I need to absorb as much info as possible, not banter. ;)
Im trying not to go that route.some light fun mostly. I just dont see how if the 789 evos are using them at the power levels the DSM's cannot? Im getting no real reason so its logic does not make sense to me? The body is of the same design so if the current cars are using them with enough power a DSM should be fine with them based on similar power and weights of the chassis?

I might need to see if there is a strength test i can do on a press to check at what tonnage these break at

I don't get what you don't understand. The joint you have is not an OEM Mitsubishi Joint for an 8/9 at least. They are not serviceable, there is no Mitsu part number for it.

AFAIK the US evo's have a bigger driveshaft than we do, and most that go fast go right to an aftermarket shaft since the OEM is NON-SERVICEABLE.

I’m like a sponge…not that I’ll remember half of anything until I need to hands on with something, hopefully then it’ll all come back to me! :cool:

You have to remove the pressed metal in the joint then you can use these. Do i have to tell you and explain everything of how to do such things? Lol

Either way im sure something will get figured out. I shall leave it to kurt from here and he will make something for you im sure (maybe).

Good luck on the u joints etc.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back