The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

transmission leak

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95-talontsi

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 2, 2005
Manhattan, Kansas
I searched but i kept on finding stuff about the awd leaking.

I have fwd.
Ok I decided to change my transmission fluid since i didnt think it had ever been changed and latley i was getting grinds into reverse unless i did it slowly and its always had a slight grind into third with quick shifting. any way when i drain it i only get like maybe 1 quart out of it. so i am like dang this aint good and its was kinda of a grayish color. Well i put the drain plug back in and torque it down. fill it up with 3 quarts of gm synchromesh. then drive it and it felt great nice easy smooth shifting no grind into reverse or third. then the next day when i leave for lunch from work i see a puddle of fluid so i am like oh crap. put the car up on the lift and it appears to be leaking out of the passenger side axle. I cleaned the transmission off and put in some more fluid. and check it the next day and ya its defianltley leaking from the passenger axle. I am not quite sure how it would leak there. is there a seal there? sorry for the long post. thanks

Alright thank you very much. I was searching for the wrong thing i kept searching for axle leaks and transmission leaks. thanks again

ok well i changed both my axle seals and i was still leaking fluid. but i adjusted my clutch and it quit all the grinding and i kept driving it any way (ya stupid) well i just changed my clutch (spec stage 2) and put in a fidanaza flywheel. when i drained it i only got a quart out like i figured. this time i only put in 2 quarts and it is still leaking out but its not leaking out of the axles its comming out of my clutch fork boot. When I had my tranny off it was covered with nast oil and gunk on the inside i pressure washed it all out and scubbed it clean. Guess my question is what is making my fluid leak out from the inside of my transmission?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back