The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

tps wireing problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gotgrip666

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 29, 2005
middletown, New_York
ok a few months ago my dumb ass forgot to bolt dow the trasister and it fell between the aels and ripped every wire out i taped it up the best i could but the tps is on the fritz, at wot it will read 100% then drop to 40% while still at wot

what i would like to know is there is one wire that goes from the tps to the ecu, where do the other two run to?, i plan on just hard wireing them

You should have four wires if you are still using the 2G TPS! 2 wires go to the ECU and the other 2 tie into the MAF.

Here's the wiring diagram for the TPS.

Green/Yellow - MDP Sensor
Brown/Red - ECU Pin 84
Black - MDP Sensor
Yellow/Red - ECU Pin 87

Attachments

• TPSWiring.jpg
    TPSWiring.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 137
  • TPSWiring2.jpg
    TPSWiring2.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 139
Green/white wire = ECU
Green/black = ties into the air flow sensor and the coolant temp switch
Green/red = air flow sensor

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

i think im gonna cut the wires at the tps and hard wire them , i dont feel like takink aprt the harness again and the new wirering harness wont be in till june do you know what pinout it is on the ecu? or better yet does anyone have a link to the ecu pinout diaagram

Green/white wire = ECU
Green/black = ties into the air flow sensor and the coolant temp switch
Green/red = air flow sensor

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I said f@ck it today guys i tried wireing it it fixed the idle but wouldnt rev over 3,000 so i cut the whole daen harness out it would take forever to go threw every wire on it, its hanging on by two bolts inside the passenger side cant find my 10mm ;), hopefully i will have the harness from my old tsi in by tomorrow

One question though, if i have the 1g cas on the head do i have to wire that emediatly or can i take my time and it will just run like the 2g does?

ps thanks very much for all the help

The way I trace wires back to the ecu is. I unhook the batt and the ECU. Take some spare wire and tie it to the + on the batt. and tie the other end to the wire that has been cut or whatever. Then I grab a test light and start probing the ecu connector until it lights up. :thumb:

i cut it in half already there are to many possabilites cause it already got ripped apart, like a good 80 % of the wires were ripped out last year and we just taped them together so i believe this will have the best result

The way I trace wires back to the ecu is. I unhook the batt and the ECU. Take some spare wire and tie it to the + on the batt. and tie the other end to the wire that has been cut or whatever. Then I grab a test light and start probing the ecu connector until it lights up. :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back