The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Super High Idle!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnny boy 93

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 6, 2006
Edmonton, Alberta_Canada
Hey Guys,

Here is my problem. I was out with some friends and just put a new motor in my car (almost 10,000 k now) and I decided to test her out and launched my car for the first time. It pulled great all the way through first, and then second I hit fuel cut, and third fuel cut again. Now I didn't relized it was fuel in the 2nd, and then as soon as I hit third I let off the gas. I pulled into the nearest parking lot to check everything and realized that my car was ideling at about 3,000 rpm. I stopped the car. Started again, and the same thing happened. Then one more time and it went up to 3,000 again, then about 10 seconds later dropped down to about 8,00. Any ideas what would cause that? Car runs fine by the way now. Despite the -50 degree celcius weather LOL.
Thanks guys
John
PS mods in my profile

The throttle plate could be sticking open. Did you replace the shaft seals in the throttle body? Check to see if the throttle cable is adjusted properly on the back of the intake manifold. The fiav is known to be finicky and could be shooting the idle up for a short period of time. If the fiav is the issue you could just block it off with a plate, but I think that its probably the throttle cable or plate sticking somewhere.

I cleaned everything before I put the engine back together. The odds of it being the cable, or the TB are very slim. I was thinking something with my ecu. Any ideas anbody?

I cleaned everything before I put the engine back together. The odds of it being the cable, or the TB are very slim. I was thinking something with my ecu. Any ideas anbody?

Pull the ecu and check for leaking caps, and smell it to see if it smells like rotten eggs. Also just an FYI its not good to beat on your car in sub-zero tempertures.

If that's not the problem check out the ISC, if the screw comes out of adjustment it will idle high. Had the same problem on the stealth, been seeing a lot of people with this problem lately and usually it's the ISC or the BISS. Check to see if the ISC came out of adjustment, might be a possible point of attack!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back