The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Stock Tach not working but other gauges do

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gooberlog

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 30, 2002
Westminster, Maryland
My car is now runing after the engine rebuild but the tach is not functioning at all. The factory "boost" gauge is working and so are the other gauges but no tach output, it doesn't move at all. Did they forget to plug something in? Thanks
Gooberlog

There is a small metal box with two wires coming out of it. It is goldish and is maybe an inch long and 3/8" high. There is a mitsu symbol on it and there is a niine digit number on it as well. I have no idea what the name of it is. But it MUST be grounded! there is a flange for a 10mm bolt to go through it. You can find it around the intake manifold area. More to the timing belt side.

The box has 2 wires going into it. But you don't ground a wire. When you put a bolt through the hole in the flange it grounds the unit. You can search area behind the manifold. Look around the the coil pack also it may be mounted on there. or check the firewall. I am not sure where it went from the factory as mine has been moved for a long time. I just know that without that thing the tach will not work. I'll see if I can scroung up a pic for ya somewhere.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back