The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Stock IC piping?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluedragondsm

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 14, 2002
Edmonton, AB_Canada
Is it normal for it to be leaking like crazy? Did a boost leak test and it seemed while most gaskets and other things were good and fixed when leaking I can't fix the leaks that seem to just be part of the stock IC piping.

What are the most cost effective options for fixing this problem? Was looking forward to upping boost a bit but it looks like a waste of time until I get these stock pipes off :ohdamn:

Cost effective would be to find used IC pipes that aren't leaking, however if you plan on modifying your DSM heres your excuse to get some hard IC piping that won't crack like the rubber OEM ones.

If its the upper IC piping thats leaking then you can get away with getting this kit to fix the problem. APEXI UPPER INTERCOOLER PIPING : MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE 95-99 TURBO

If its the lower IC piping thats leaking unfortunately a hard pipe kit isn't made so upgrading to a FMIC kit would probably be your cheapest option if you don't get the stock IC pipe. If you want stock IC pipe that doesn't leak you can send me a PM and we'll work something out. I have all the OEM rubber IC pipe in storage and have no need for it, but you did mention turning up the boost so going with hard IC piping or even a FMIC setup would be your best bet.

:dsm:

You can also try looking for a used greddy upper and lower IC pipe kit on ebay or other website for cheap. Its a nice kit that replaces both pipes to stock ic with no modifications.

If you plan on getting a FMIC then save up for that unless you'll be using a SMIC or a long route FMIC.

If you buy upper and lower hard pipes you'll mostly likely be replacing them with a FMIC kit. If you can find cheap pipes, sure get them to fix your problem but don't spend big money on a possible temporary part.

Post up on the classified in the want to buy section and state that you want stock pipe/s for which ever one is leaking.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back