The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Sometimes I miss my DSM's

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

green95hrcgs

20+ Year Contributor
Aug 21, 2002
Alexandria_Va
Every once in a while I start to miss my DSM's ( Green95 and Silver 97). Although they were a pain in the a$$ sometimes and cost me TONS of money, it was truly a "love-hate" relationship that was just good and bad enuff to keep it interesting. It was great while it lasted until the night of Oct 16, 2006

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

OCT 16 got sideswiped

Now I have these. 92-green 93-black

Insurance was NOT going to total it, but the car was hit on both sides during its life, and I didnt want to drive a car like that so I had them total it. It was bought from insurance for $300 and then parted out.

$300WTF, thats crazy. i have full coverage on mine and when mine got vandalized they offered to buy mine but they offered me $5150. BTW love the old mr2's. are they both turbo?

$300WTF, thats crazy. i have full coverage on mine and when mine got vandalized they offered to buy mine but they offered me $5150. BTW love the old mr2's. are they both turbo?

Thanks. The MR2's are NOT turbo, but the green one will be. The black one is a daily driver. I bought them even tho they are non-turbo, because they are rare Hardtop models, with no power options. Lightest, and best rigidity when compared to t-top MR2's. Factory hardtop-turbo's are even more rare.

BTW, insurance offered to raise the value of the car due to all the mods, and valued the damage at $3,XXX. I bought it back from them for $300 after they totalled it.

I'll always be in love with the MR2s. A buddy had a Ferrari Dino, which is where Toyota stole the rear window from.

But dammit, they never got cheap enough.

I know I miss mine sometimes,
i had a better time with the dsm's than the 03 Evo.

Now i have a colorado and a Thundercat 4wheeler, more thrilling than any dsm, LOL

Yea I miss my 99 GSX.. I always dogged on it cause it was a DSM, but now that its been gone for about 7-8 months... I find myself wondering what I was smoking to sell it and get a 08 base civic....

i think the majority of us go through that "i need something more reliable and or practical" phase, LOL

Yea I miss my 99 GSX.. I always dogged on it cause it was a DSM, but now that its been gone for about 7-8 months... I find myself wondering what I was smoking to sell it and get a 08 base civic....

***knuckle Head what where you thinking...FWD over AWD :nono:

Damn green95hrcgs I had no idea your dsm was non-turbo. I love that car, I even had it on the background of my computer a few times. It sure was clean. Goodluck with the Mr2s, very nice cars.

Lordpaxin, I'm going through that phrase right now, which is why I'm picking up a 1g non-turbo today!!!

;) I even went through the "I need a better turbo awd"

quick list:
92 NT
91 Awd
92 Awd
95 Awd
94 3000gt vr4
98 talon tsi awd
03 ranger xlt
03 Evo 8
07 Colorado LT

Theres nothing like looking down and knowing where all those miles came from, all 8,000 of them haha.

Id have to say that evo was the Most uncomfortable ride I Had. on trips anyway, I drive 2 Hours everymonday and friday for work to columbus and back, and with that evo, i just couldnt take it anymore, no cruise, rough riding, bla lb abla

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back