The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Somebody hit my Lambo

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spadepro22

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Seneca, South_Carolina
Somebody hit my Lambo while she was parked and I'm pissed.:banghead: Went to Macco and they told me 821.00 to fix and paint the whole car, but that only includes a clear mixed in the last coat or something the guy was trying to explain to me. The base and clear is goin to be like 1300+. Anyone ever let Macco paint there car with the paint job I tried to explain? The car does'nt seem as fast with this big ass dent in it so I need it fixed asap:p

Attachments

• IMAG0328.jpg
    IMAG0328.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 163
  • IMAG0329.jpg
    IMAG0329.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 168
  • IMAG0330.jpg
    IMAG0330.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 177
That dont look like someone hit your car...

My 1gb had the same issue. See pic below.

After some major body work I just repainted my car with the help of my little bro last week.

This seem s to be a notorious issues with 1g's.

Attachments

• 1992Talonn1.jpg
    1992Talonn1.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 154
  • 1992Talonn2.jpg
    1992Talonn2.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 157
Do you have any idea how it got there? It was perfect, and the door wasn't hitting anything.

And the door has no dents whats so ever now. It opens and closes and is on track.

Last edited:
Classic door/fender issue. The fender got too close to the door from a front end collision and when it was opened it got bent. Happens all the time at insurance salvage auctions. Thats why there's paint chipping on the door and fender. I'd check your bumper.

Well the door and fender have to be farther apart then the non talon cars..The fender side skirt peice goes up to the middle of the fender.Making it a smaller gap in the middle of the door where it pivots.So any small miss alignment will eventually do this kind of damage.

The eclipses have a tiny triangle peice on the fender there.And the talons have that whole peice.I Have one of those talon peices, and when mounting it, it bothered me.So I went back to the eclipse triangle peice.

My guess would be you have hit one too many things with the front of the car.Slightly pushing the fender back, and this happens.

True, I do the see the paint chipping but the one on the fender is higher than the one on the door. I still think the car was hit(not necessarily hard) unless this 1g fender problem just happens overnight. What about the Macco paint job?

Well the door and fender have to be farther apart then the non talon cars..The fender side skirt peice goes up to the middle of the fender.Making it a smaller gap in the middle of the door where it pivots.So any small miss alignment will eventually do this kind of damage.

The eclipses have a tiny triangle peice on the fender there.And the talons have that whole peice.I Have one of those talon peices, and when mounting it, it bothered me.So I went back to the eclipse triangle peice.

My guess would be you have hit one too many things with the front of the car.Slightly pushing the fender back, and this happens.

Not arguing with you, but I never have hit anything.

spadepro22 said:
Anyone have any idea about the Macco paint job I was talking about?

They suck, they do shit quality work, they always have.

Do not use macco! I worked for them awhile back. They don't take the time and attiontion to detail like I like to have on my car and the paint chips away fast. It's not worth the money. You could do a better job if you never painted anything in your life before.

Do not use macco! I worked for them awhile back. They don't take the time and attiontion to detail like I like to have on my car and the paint chips away fast. It's not worth the money. You could do a better job if you never painted anything in your life before.

I have, but I dont have the time, place, or other means of other transportation.

The guy was explaining single stage and two stage paint. A single stage has the color and clear mixed together and sprayed together. Two stage is base color sprayed and a clear coat sprayed over the top. You'll pay more for base/clear because it costs a little more and takes more time to spray(more passes with the gun).

If I were you I would stay away from maaco. I've never heard used them but have heard tons of horror stories. There are just too many ways to screw up paint-even if it looks great right away it will degrade quickly if prepped/mixed/shot poorly.

Unless you know someone who is REALLY good and is cutting you a deal, a quality paint job is never cheap.

You can see paint chipping off the edge of the door, which would indicate contact with the fender.

Unless you have door opening gremlins, something smells poopy.

Ha. The last time I went in for a paint estimate at a 'real' body shop I was quoted 7k for my 1g. Just put a new fender on and call it a day. Why paint the entire car??

It's just the way I am with this car. My pinkish bov kills me every time I pop the hood just to give a example. That freaking red battery too.

Has anyone mentioned just buying a new front quarter panel and painting it???

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back