The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

???Should I Get this???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnRicey

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 19, 2010
Orange County, California
Okay guys I want to start off i only have around 500$ cash in hand right now but I am in a tight budget. I am curious if I should buy a 1g Bov 75$ or go with a Greddy type S/RS BOV 275$. But keep in mind I need to buy a Larson Silicon hoses kit too 70$-80$. On top of that I need to get a boost tester 20$-30$. Boost control no clue how much they are (any recommendation). and then I need a good exhaust system Apexi N1 or Greddy evo no clue how much they are heard its 800$. But the real question is should i go with the 1g bov or the greddy one. Keep in mind my car is stocked all i did is bought a intake pipe/filter , boost gauge, hks turbo timer. Here is the link for the 1g BOV
1G BOV Blow off valve DSM Eclipse 4G63 Turbo Honda 2G: eBay Motors (item 120310001328 end time Jun-17-10 08:12:27 PDT)

Thanks
John :thumb:

I sent you a PM regarding everything mentioned. Most people will tell you to run a 1g BOV as it's proven to work great with several different setups and boost levels.

Which turbo are you running? The 1G BOV should be able to take care of your needs, but it depends on what you're looking for. If you want the "whoosh" sound then the 1G BOV isn't what you want. As far as holding pressure, it should be fine and you can't beat the price. Someone on here may have one for cheaper too.

In all honesty, the 1g is better quality than the Greddy as the Greddy has a lot of negative feedback about leaking and bad diaphragms. I personally have an RS and needed a new diaphragm after a couple months, but it's working good now. I'll be upgrading to a TiAL when I go speed density.

Look into the Megan Racing exhaust system or even EBay as they are proven to work fine and a whole lot cheaper.

The Larson kit is good if you don't know what size hose you need, I purchased it when I got my car and it was a good buy had a good bit left over too.

I wouldn't really worry about a boost controller until you get fuel mods done. Sure you can run up to 15psi but it's nothing special on the T-25. Also DO NOT VENT your BOV unless you have a GM MAF+translator running in blow through mode or a speed density setup. Keep it RECIRCULATED.

1g BOV will hold all the pressure you need. I was going to go for one, but couldn't find one for less than 75 bucks, so...

I bought an Ebay knockoff of the TurboXs RFL type H for $50. It works great, came with the adapter, and you can unscrew the horn and order a recirculation tip for a vacuum line to run to. I have mine venting so I could hear whether it was leaking or not... It isn't, but I've gotten lazy and haven't put the recirc tip on yet.

As for a MBC, I also bought an Ebay knockoff of the TurboSmart in cabin. I do believe I paid 15 bucks for it, and it was such a pain in the ass to figure out. The ball and spring in the T-fitting were installed backwards, which resulted in boost creep. I wound up getting it right, and it's doing its job, but it's not incredibly accurate, meaning that 1 click on the dial took me from 11 psi to 16 psi. So I wouldn't suggest it.

My brother has a TurboXs MBC, and that thing is a champ, you can increase boost by 1/2psi at a time to get it really fine tuned. Set him back $100.

I'm running 16 psi on my T25, and they hold pressure great.

ya go with the 1g blow off valve and if you do come up with more money dont go with the greddy go with a hks all the way! also pick up a used exhaust on here ive seen some good deals go threw here and it will save you some money!

Okay guys I want to start off i only have around 500$ cash in hand right now but I am in a tight budget. I am curious if I should buy a 1g Bov 75$ or go with a Greddy type S/RS BOV 275$. But keep in mind I need to buy a Larson Silicon hoses kit too 70$-80$. On top of that I need to get a boost tester 20$-30$. Boost control no clue how much they are (any recommendation). and then I need a good exhaust system Apexi N1 or Greddy evo no clue how much they are heard its 800$. But the real question is should i go with the 1g bov or the greddy one. Keep in mind my car is stocked all i did is bought a intake pipe/filter , boost gauge, hks turbo timer. Here is the link for the 1g BOV
1G BOV Blow off valve DSM Eclipse 4G63 Turbo Honda 2G: eBay Motors (item 120310001328 end time Jun-17-10 08:12:27 PDT)

Thanks
John :thumb:

Dude there is alot of people here on the forum that is selling their 1g bov for like $20-30. Check out the classifield forum. I bet they are still in good condition also. I got mind for $20 just havnt bought the adapter for it. You can get a hallman es manual bc. for around $50. IMO

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back