The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G Seat foam

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon82567

Probationary Member
May 16, 2023
Melbourne, Florida
I searched a good bit and didn’t find an answer. I found an unpicked 2g I’m going to get side skirt set and rear bumper to remove my blitz kit. My leather seats has the wear on the side can you use passenger but foam on the driver or does it be to be a driver foam? I’ll repair the leather hole no issue but the foam is done.

I dont see it happening, really... but I guess it really depends on how good you want it and your skill at modifying, but doesnt appear to be a simple plug and play.

The back of the seats are almost symmetrical, so you possibly MIGHT be able to get away with that and force it to work, but the bottom of the seat that you sit on definitely are NOT symmetrical and I cant really see that working out easily. The "side flaps?" are different lengths, and that difference is a mirror image between the two seats so that the slightly longer flap on the drivers seat is on the opposite side when it comes to the passenger seat. .

Maybe try RixRacing or Stevie @ Kannapolis auto parts. Maybe they have a junked car with shitty seats that they can sell you the foam from. Otherwise, Id probably take @curt-s advice and probably talk to an upholstry pro if no one has some shitty seats they want to rip up for you. Its hard finding a 2g in a junkyard for most of us, but I think Dodge Avengers, have the same seats and might be able to find one of those. Sebring also shares a lot of interior parts with our cars and can usually be found, but Im not 100% sure if those are the same seats.

Last edited:
I dont see it happening, really... but I guess it really depends on how good you want it and your skill at modifying, but doesnt appear to be a simple plug and play.
Okay thanks I was hoping to take the seat foam off this car and put my cover over it. A new foam is like 300 from what I found. I can fix the leather no problem. I’ll know this weekend if I can steal the foam from the driver but it’s probably not not good it’s a gs spider with blown engine at 300k. :-/ corvette and f-bodies have symmetrical seats.

No to taking it to a seat restorer/upholsterer?
I can recover seats myself the biggest thing is the condition of the seat foam. That steam trick you read about on the internet only lasts a few years at best, then your cover is loose. Splicing replacement foam in never lasts either the glue breaks or the old foam cracks elsewhere those 2 tricks are see a lemon tricks. On most American sport cars they are symmetrical so you steal a passenger foam to keep cost down. I found a Mitsubishi parts supplier with new butt foam it’s 300.00 a piece.

Okay thanks I was hoping to take the seat foam off this car and put my cover over it. A new foam is like 300 from what I found. I can fix the leather no problem. I’ll know this weekend if I can steal the foam from the driver but it’s probably not not good it’s a gs spider with blown engine at 300k. :-/ corvette and f-bodies have symmetrical seats.

Try the 2 places that I suggested in the previous post if you come up empty. I cant see them asking for more than $40 if they have it available and should be light enough to ship. You can message them through Facebook. For Kannapolis auto parts, ive never talked to them directly, I always message Stevie Miller (Yes it is Stevie, not Steve) on facebook. he use to run Miller Auto Parts and guess maybe he merged with them or something, but he stockpiles a lot of junked DSM . He usually got back to me within an hour.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back