The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

SAFCII Stuck in DEC-AIR menu stuck

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VPrime

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 5, 2006
Lonon, ON_Canada
hey guys got an issue with my safc 2 that I am not sure how to fix...
For some reason it is stuck in the DEC-AIR menu. I can only scroll through the 3 options, but that's it. How can I get out of this menu!?
Also, my throttle does not work. It is wired up correctly, but the afc was showing 0.083 in the sensors screen... WTF
Thanks.

There is no news of this anywhere,not on their website or anywhere else so please expalin more so the rest of us that have this can have some info on the recall as well?I have looked for some info and cant find anything.

Guess no one has a fix?
Does any one know how the AFC stores the data? I know that if you cut power to it your settings are not lost.
So that means it must have a writable chip.. and probably a battery to keep it stored?
Any one know if this is true? I am going to try opening it up and hope to find some thing in there to help reset it.
I just hope that the AFC software is not store of a flashable chip ;)

Push the center knob to the left. That will take you back one menu.

Was this a new install? Or is this a new problem that showed up?

Make sure you tied into the correct pin for the TPS sensor.

I tried every thing with that knob. It is stuck in that menu.
It is a new install, but this problem appeared 2 weeks later.
It is wired according to the picture on the VFAQ.

It's probably FUBAR then. There is an initialize menu but if you can't get to it then it won't do you any good.

wow thats some bullshit. I've herd nothing good about SAFC, but then again i haven't herd much. stuck in a menu huh? what a piece of shit. I've herd SAFC is the cheapest way to go too, but then again i could be wrong.

I'm sticking with the MAPECU2. they have a forum and the creators of the MAPecu check it everyday. you should check it out... It's really good shit.
if anyone feels like telling me whats up then feel free.

oh yeah the guys at MAPECU will make a map for you too. basically any car...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back