The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Outlander brakes

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsxeclipse97

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 7, 2004
Cedar Park, Texas
So I bought the rotors and brackets from Mitsubishi and tried to I stall them and they wouldn't fit. Any ideas to why this wouldn't work? The rotors were making contact with the brackets.

had the EXACT same issue. Solved it by putting the rotor on and using lug nuts to tighten down the rotor. Use all 5 lug nuts and bolt them all down tight (with the tire off, and it will push the rotor on nice.

Darn it I will see so soon ask I get them back I accidentally left them at the shop along with the paper. But I ordered them directly from Mitsubishi. 2005-6 oem brackets for calipers.

Where are they contacting the rotor? Did you get the pads and caliper installed as well?

I will test it again this weekend.. It was making contact on the bottom of the bracket. From what I could tell it don't look like the break pad fit in the bracket either. But they said the break pads are the same for both cars

Pads for gsx and outlander are the same. I am almost 100% positive that the rotor just needs to go on further since i had the exact same issue. Like i said, tighten all 5 lug nuts down and it will push the rotor on snug. I used my impact to make things easier.

Ok well I got them back today and went to test them. The brackets do not fit the these. I think mitsu gave me the wrong part. They fit the 2006 gt break pads.

Well I got them on and there is a huge difference in stopping power. I didn't think it would be that big of a difference, but I guess that extra inch really pays off.

Well I got them on and there is a huge difference in stopping power. I didn't think it would be that big of a difference, but I guess that extra inch really pays off.

That's what she said LOL.

Good to see you worked out the Problem, If you don't mind Posting for those looking to do this in the Future.

Parts, Pricing, and Suppliers?

That's what she said LOL.

Good to see you worked out the Problem, If you don't mind Posting for those looking to do this in the Future.

Parts, Pricing, and Suppliers?

Sorry I just saw this message, I got the brackets from Mitsubishi
I think the were 75 for each rotors were 39 From O'Reillys each and pads 40 also from O'Reillys

So about 210 for the front.

Where did you get the calipers? And for how much?

2G AWDs have compatible dual piston calipers stock.

So the calipers are the same? I can use GSX calipers and pads with the outlander rotors? What about the brackets? I always thought if you were using the outlander rotors, you needed the outlander brackets and calipers as well.

Thats a sweet deal. 210 plus used brackets/calipers off a 2g awd, then maybe another 100 for braided lines? Stock 2g fwd brakes are horrible. No matter what pad. I gotta get around to doing this upgrade

Brackets and rotors from the 05-06 Outlander. Calipers from either the Outlander or a 2G GSX/TSi AWD.

The Outlander brackets move the caliper further from the hub center so that you actually see a benefit from the larger diameter rotor. A longer lever with the same force produces more torque.

Awesome. Never knew that. Good to know. So are the two calipers the same or are they just both compatible?

Brackets and rotors from the 05-06 Outlander. Calipers from either the Outlander or a 2G GSX/TSi AWD.

The Outlander brackets move the caliper further from the hub center so that you actually see a benefit from the larger diameter rotor. A longer lever with the same force produces more torque.

Simple machines:)

we should have a page dedicated to basics in mechanics and physics.

sorry that this post is not on topic, just made me smile knowing people understand why/how the upgrades on their vehicle work.

It's a substatioal difference in stopping power. I didn't get braided brake lines but that will on the list along with the rear brembos I think between the 2 it should work very well for minimal added weight.

Look into Early '95 rear brakes. The rotors are vented and nearly the same diameter as the stock fronts.

If you don't already have AWD calipers, you can buy a set of rebuilt calipers that come with the brackets for $93 and $95 a piece from Rock Auto (one side is a few dollars more than the other (who know's why?)). Those prices include the core charge.

Mine bolted right up with no problems. I don't know how the OP ran into the mounting problem. Currently they are behind a set of 2ga Talon swirly 16s. There is clearance with no rubbing but it is tight. I thought the rebuilts were painted cast iron color, but looks like they were just sand blasted and rusted. Just make sure you paint them (like most people do anyway) and you are good. Please don't do a ridiculous yellow, especially if it is the only yellow on the car.

If anyone finds the brackets cheap and needs the calipers, I have my calipers from the AWD that I will sell them cheap, they are just sitting around in the garage and I would like to help someone out if I could.

Any dual piston caliper works fine, 92.5- up 1G AWD, 2G AWD, or all GVR4s. If you have a 1G/GVR, you will ideally want to use the 1G/GVR caliper or else you'll need customized lines to utilize the banjo style fitting of the later calipers.

I did the outlander brakes a few months ago with Powerslot rotors, EBC red pads all around, new rear rotors to match, and all stainless lines from JNZ. It's definitely a night and day difference over the stock dual piston setup. I can't imagine going from an early/FWD single piston car to these!

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

FYI - they clear my 15" drag wheels (barely!)

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back