The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Outlander brakes vs evo brembos

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitsumike0

Proven Member
Oct 13, 2013
Passaic, New_Jersey
Hey guys so I'm in a little bit of a debate with myself here. I recently sold my daily driver, which was a 2015 wrx. That has forced me to daily drive my dsm. I don't really mind it but it has made me realized that my braking is terrible in comparison. Even though my wrx had 2 piston rotors with I think 12 inch rotors it stopped amazing. It's definitely not a fair comparison between both cars but I'm searching for better for my dsm.
My Car is a 2g awd with hawk 5.0 pads, braided brake lines and super ate brake fluid. I have searched and came down with two options: outlander brakes or evo brembos. I actually have evo brembos already but the cost to get them installed will be costly. Plus finding wheel options is a pain and I don't want to run usual evo wheels either. Outlander brakes on the other hand retain wheels that fit our cars with no problem. I get the concept of increasing braking torque with a larger rotor but is this option even worth it? It will be must cheaper for sure. Which would you guys do? Car is a daily driver now and I only drag race (sometimes) with spritied street driving.
On a last note I know tires are a huge factor to this and I am running street tires that are a little older. However that will be addressed very soon. Thanks to all

What you're experiencing is more than likely brake pedal feel... Not actual brake performance. Spirited driving with a few minor braking zones should not challenge even bone stock brakes.

First, bleed your system and get all the bubbles out. There are some, trust me. 2nd, get a 3g booster and brake master cylinder. That should tighten the pedal very well.

I have been running Outlander brakes ever since I did the article and I have been very happy with them. I do left foot braking when AutoXing, so I am VERY hard on my brakes. I often "blue" the rotors at an event, but since this is also my daily driver, I remove "blueing" by driving it on the street.

Perhaps EVO8 brakes will work even better, but I never got around to checking it out ;)

I've run the outlander and CTS-V (very similar to the evo) setups and the CTS-V brakes much harder. I have no ABS and it's hard not to lock up to tires at an Autocross event if you're not careful. I did think the Outlander kit worked great over stock but I also swapped to a better pad compound and steel lines at the same time too. If you're just doing sprinted driving I'd just go for the outlander setup personally

I've autocrossed on stock brakes with good pads. Easy to lock up the tires. Larger brake system are more of a heat sink than anything else.

Last edited:
I have been running Outlander brakes ever since I did the article and I have been very happy with them. I do left foot braking when AutoXing, so I am VERY hard on my brakes. I often "blue" the rotors at an event, but since this is also my daily driver, I remove "blueing" by driving it on the street.

Perhaps EVO8 brakes will work even better, but I never got around to checking it out ;)

Are you running the stock booster? I like my outlander setup also. Plenty of brake for a street car and I can still run a 16" wheel at the strip. Have considered changing to a 3g booster just to tighten the pedal some.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back