The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

nut size for downpipe studs

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sxevegan

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 10, 2004
tinker afb, Oklahoma
I lost both of the nuts that hold my downpipe on the O2 housing. Does anyone know what size the nut is? I think its a 17mm (found that in a search) but i don't know the pitch. Thank you.

i know this is an old thread, but its the same question. im taking off my downpipe, and i cant find a socket that fits over the nut. maybe theres just so much rust on it that its not the right size, but i tried an 18mm socket and it didnt fit on. i thought it would be 16 or 17, but those didnt fit. should i just try cleaning it with (insert suggestion here) and see if the 17 will fit? maybe i was holding it at an angle as im trying to install my exhaust wihtout jacking my car up (i can fit under the car barely, stock suspension, maybe i should take off the bumpers again so it will be up a little higher)

just a general (late) tip: many of the fasteners on the engine and transmission are fine thread metric and you are not going to find them locally unless you have the best fastener store on earth near you. You are not going to find fine thread metric at Ace hardware, home depot, lowes, etc. So, I would plan on talking to a dealer for almost all your fastener needs. I am not sure if the downpipe studs are M12X1.50 but 1.75 is the "standard" (coarse) M12 pitch so if you bought a M12 nut locally I'd bet you have a M12X1.75.

ok, the nut on my 1990 eagle talon tsi awd holding the downpipe to the o2 housing is 19mm. the nut that attaches to the studs that are coming out of the o2 housing itself. dunno how much more specific i could be without a picture, but if anyone searches for this again, hopefully they will find their answer here.

if anyone wants to let me borrow a deep 19mm socket that would be great. otherwise its off to the hardware store again. (aka ask everyone i know and if that doesnt work ill buy one and return it after i use it.)

edit: used a 3/4 inch socket, since 3/4 of an inch = 19.05 mm, just fyi again

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back