The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

1G No Control Signal To Fuel Pump

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chumpaumpalumpa

Proven Member
Jun 16, 2014
La Habra, California
Hello everyone I have a 1990 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD and heres the isuue. The MPI control relay is good because when i ground the control pin from the ecm/MPI control unit (wht-red wire) the fuel pump turns on and runs fine. Can a failed (oil pressure?) sensor prevent the fuel pump from running? Also, when i turn the key on the fuel pump does not run even for a second. Please help this is my DD!!

No it can't. Fuel pump does not run with key on. Only while cranking from cas signal and of course after it starts because cas signal is still feeding

What it looks like is the ECU isn't getting a ground to send a signal to the pump to turn it on...... Any ideas on what might be the issue besides the ECU? I know the pump works because I can hotwire it and it runs but turning the key does nothing...... Sending a signal from the MPI control relay turns the pump on via the relay for the re-wire.

I didn't know the cas handles the fuel pump relay........ When cranking I hear the relay clicking on n off I'm gunna wire it back up n see if it runs thanks a lot for the info

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back