The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

NJ assistance.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuperrrNoob

Probationary Member
Nov 18, 2008
Elmwood Park, New_Jersey
I know ill probably get flamed for this, but im new to working on cars, i know why did i buy a dsm then, but ever since i got this car all i wanted to do is work on it, i read about everyones builds and how they fix things and i want to be like that, i dont want to depend on a mechanic anymore, im eager to learn, i research, i bought the manuals, but when it comes down to do the actual work, i blank out, idk what it is maybe its lack of confidence, and inexperience, none of my friends are into cars so that doesnt help either. Basically if anyones free and doesnt mind helping me out sometime, id appreciate it, course ill pay you, but id like to do work and gain first hand experience and knowledge. Thanks for your time.

You're going to regret your screen name if you plan on sticking around :sneaky:. PLENTY of DSMers are willing to lend a hand to those in need, including myself. The only issue is the weather right now (it's freakin like 26*F out!). Any questions can be answered by just using the search button and typing in a good keyword query. As for hands on, once the springtime hits and we all defrost, I'm sure someone (or me) can help give you a hand. Oh, and congrats :thumb:

generally reading and researching is all good and well but you pick it up a lot quicker and the info will stay with you longer when you put in the wrench time, if you plan on building the car and you need help nj is a good state to be in theres a big dsm community here and when it warms up or if you got a heated garage hit me up i dont mind helping out and teaching you about the car.

hey thanks alot guys, its nice to see some people that are willing to help, unfortunaley its gonna be a longgg winter for me, i have no heat, was hoping it was gonna be something more simpler like clogged cables, or just a new heater core, but apparently my heater cables are all rotted out, i took it to the mechanic and they quoted me over $1000 for labor, and a complete heater box with a/c control head with cables, accuators, with doors. They're telling me its a 13hr job. So if anyone wants to make some cash on the side let me know, ill bring the tools that i have and we can start this.

um. I'm going to say that your cables (if you in fact are talking about the interior cables that control the HVAC) are OK. First test is to look into your engine bay firewall and locate 2 3/4" black hoses that are located right in the center of the firewall, right behind your throttlebody. Warm up your car and touch both hoses. Both hoses should be warm/hot because that is where the coolant passes. If one of them is cool to touch after a full warm up of the engine, then it's just a clog. If you are handy with removing interior panels, you can locate the clog and fix it up yourself and not waste 1000. I would take your car in as a job, but I have 2 currently, so that's a no go :(

damn that sux no heat, well hope u get it fixed. Atleast it's not something the affects drivability. my cars been more off the road, than on.

damn that sux no heat, well hope u get it fixed. Atleast it's not something the affects drivability. my cars been more off the road, than on.

+1 between fixing/rebuilding/adding things on the car and my iraq deployments the car has been driven around 50 miles in the past 2 years!!

um. I'm going to say that your cables (if you in fact are talking about the interior cables that control the HVAC) are OK. First test is to look into your engine bay firewall and locate 2 3/4" black hoses that are located right in the center of the firewall, right behind your throttlebody. Warm up your car and touch both hoses. Both hoses should be warm/hot because that is where the coolant passes. If one of them is cool to touch after a full warm up of the engine, then it's just a clog. If you are handy with removing interior panels, you can locate the clog and fix it up yourself and not waste 1000. I would take your car in as a job, but I have 2 currently, so that's a no go :(

hey thanks, i let the car sit at idle for 5minutes, then i drove around for another 15, both hoses are cool, yea i dont plan on going to the mechanic, i mean i go there and they fix it and could build me a beast of a car while they're at it, but for what? i dont get anything out of it, if any problems happens I wouldnt know how to fix it myself. Ill just keep researching and playing around with stuff hopefully the mechanic overlooked something and its something simpler than what they thought it was.

Sry to hear about all your cars not running, I guess I should be thankful then.

hey thanks, i let the car sit at idle for 5minutes, then i drove around for another 15, both hoses are cool, yea i dont plan on going to the mechanic, i mean i go there and they fix it and could build me a beast of a car while they're at it, but for what? i dont get anything out of it, if any problems happens I wouldnt know how to fix it myself. Ill just keep researching and playing around with stuff hopefully the mechanic overlooked something and its something simpler than what they thought it was.

Sry to hear about all your cars not running, I guess I should be thankful then.

does any 1 have any 1g n/t parts for sale ?ike a t/b and an e manifold....

Yo man, my buddy and i would be glad to help you out sometime. He lives in elizabeth and i live in roxbury so we're pretty close. I do agree that it is way too cold right now and him and i are still attending UTI over in PA; ill be out on jan. 2 and he's out on jan. 23 so anytime after that we could definitely swing by and help you out. I guess just pm me when you want to fix some shit.

I live in Toms River and own a shop called Audio Connections on Rt 37. right by the seaside bridge. i have a 1G awd. if any of you need anything, let me know. i got accounts set up for some performance shit. Im always good for hookin people up, i have even been known to let people borrow my shop at night. (its got heat):thumb: but im not on here to often, so shoot me an email if you need anything... [email protected] Sean

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back