The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Never had a prob, until I went to the track, Please Read!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GSX4LIFE

20+ Year Contributor
Aug 17, 2002
I have been using a N.O.S. Wet single fogger system for awhile now. And on the street I have never had a prob. But Iused it once on the track, and it was terrible. Not sure wat bottle press. was( I dont have a guage), but it was backfireing really loud, and bogging the whole way down the track. I raelly didt mind(I figured if its backfireing, its sure as hell nto knocking, right?) So, does anyone have a thaught on this? Could low bottle pressure cause an over rich condition?

Where you running race gas?? If you were you might have needed to pull out some fuel.

Mike I assume you were refering to 50 nos/50 fuel as like "50hp jets"

my 50 shot wet NOS brand kit is jetter .022 fuel jet .037 nitrous jet

a .050/.050 would probobyl not even run it would be so rich.

I meant 50 " shot " you are correct. I will post the jet size in the morning when I look for it. To tired to dig through it right now! LOL

Mike Huml
aka...slowboy

Pic is from last night. I had my first flying lesson! FUN STUFF!

Attachments

• im000669.jpg
    im000669.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 292
I would like a little advice, please. Preferably by someone that has delt with nitrous & turbo dsm's for a while. I have a 97 talon tsi a/t. Here are my mods, K&N fipk, upper & lower hard pipes, turbo xs bov, RRE 2 1/2-3" DP w/o cat., Apex N1 3" exhaust. Free mods include bov vent pipe in intake cut & BCS mod(sleeve in upper nipple removed). I have some previous nitrous experience on n/t dsm's but not much on turbo cars. I have a nitrous express stage 1 EFI kit that i had on my 98 n/t talon. My questions are. Would a 75 shot be safe with the stock fuel pump or should i upgrade? My boost goes as high as 18psi then comes down to about 12-14psi. I currently dont have a boost controller, but plan on getting a MBC before i spray. Should i turn the boost down a bit to spray it?

Personally I wouldn't run a 75 shot on pump gas even less on the stock fuel pump. If your car missfires a lot change your plugs and gap them down to .26. Get an EGT guage and O2 meter if you plan to run that much. You really want to monitor your engines health with nitrous. I can kill plugs preaty easily from a bunch of hard runs in a day. And they will missfire preaty bad on nitrous ones they're toast. I recommend running new plugs every time you go to the track.

mike, how do you like flying? i got my pilot's license a few months ago, very fun stuff.

NOS kits don't account for bottle pressure in the amount of fuel it delivers if i'm not mistaken, so if your bottle pressure was very low you would have been running way rich, that would certainly cause what you described.

marshall

Marshall,

Lets put it this way, I will be spending less money on my car, and a few more dollars for more flying lessons! It was awesome to say the least. I was so nervous when he said "ok. now you take the control".... but after a few minutes, it was o.k. I cannot wait for the next time I go up!

Sorry for the off topic, maybe we should start a new thread :) LOL

Correct, having the same bottle pressure everytime down is a GOOD thing... bottle heater and a pressure gauge is a must.

Mike Huml
www.slowboyracing.com

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back