The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Mitsubishi Flange Turbos

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsxeclipsed

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 24, 2004
Greenwood, Indiana
Hey guys i have been pushing my evoIII 16g to the limit and the car is fun and hits very hard. I love this turbo but i am looking for something to gain alittle more trap speed, i have trapped 116mph on the EVOIII 16g but i am looking for something closer to 130mph. I am putting in a fresh bottom end with eagle H-beams and Ross pistons, the head is hks 272/272's and valve springs. I have a custom exhaust that i am in love with and its set up with the wastegate on what would be the o2. the wastegate is a v-band 44mm. So i am dead set on keeping the exhaust as long as i can find a turbo to support the trap speed i am looking for. anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks Ben

Hey guys i have been pushing my evoIII 16g to the limit and the car is fun and hits very hard. I love this turbo but i am looking for something to gain alittle more trap speed, i have trapped 116mph on the EVOIII 16g but i am looking for something closer to 130mph. I am putting in a fresh bottom end with eagle H-beams and Ross pistons, the head is hks 272/272's and valve springs. I have a custom exhaust that i am in love with and its set up with the wastegate on what would be the o2. the wastegate is a v-band 44mm. So i am dead set on keeping the exhaust as long as i can find a turbo to support the trap speed i am looking for. anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks Ben

FP GREEN, FP RED, I forget who makes it but someone makes a mitsu flanged 35R
theres more as well i think the slowboy turbos are mistu flanged

PTE makes a bolt-on GT35. You can also try the Borg Warner S200 series turbos with the Bullseye Mitsu housing.

I have looked into the FP red and green and they seem alittle expensive, but i guess the power level and trap speed i am looking for have already cost me some real money. I am just used to spending the $280 on my EVOIII. The BEP s200 turbos seem to be very nice and i know people have great things to say about them.

^^^ Great option!

Also, any used hx35 with a BEP housing is even cheaper. Offers the same spool speed as your smaller 16g (Yes, it's true. There's proof) and the center cartridge is bullet proof. They flow 52-53 lbs/min. Good for 500whp. The BOLT-ON hx40 "6-blade" is good for this!!! Think pumpgas and 130 mph trap speeds. And spool to 25+psi by 4100rpms. The bolt-on "8-blade" flows as much as an 8cm^2 FP Red and spools a bit faster. BW and Holset are just simply better turbochargers for the money. You can't do but so much with the components with which you are given. They, on the other hand, went back to the drawing board.

Im in the same boat, i only know FP cause they are in my backyard havent ever researched other turbos out there. I bought FP Mani but im not dead set on FP if i can find the same turbo for cheaper price and can bolt up to im all ears.

Maybe someone can be so kind as to point me in the direction of BW or Holset w/ mitsu housings so i can research on them. I do not want to sell my Fp mani but i see you guy's say they make these also in Mitsu housings?

bare with me all ive ever known in the last year of owning this Talon is FP for obvious reason, them being in my backyard.

WOW after some research on the Holsets i am very tempted. sounds like an awesome set up. still reading as much as i can on the BW s362. The only thing that scares me is buying a used Holset that has seen so much boost on a truck. My buddy has a 6.0 powerstroke and i know that his turbo gets a work out from pulling stuff all of the time.

Listen to Dsm-onster guys, he is very technical and knows what he is talking about. If anything, just ask him some more. Holset-HX40 is the way to go.

If you have a little extra $$$, then go with S362, as Steve sugested. Both turbos are awesome.

You can also get the BW turbos in non-extended tip for alot less than the ETT versions. They'll still spool as well and support very good power for their size, just not as efficient at high pressure ratios (like 30+psi). Matt at GVautosport has the NET256 and his car definitely hauls.

I got my hx40 from a guy on ebay he had a 300 rating so I knew he was cool for $560 and it was reman not just used. Good look at like post #767 or something around there in the holset part 3 thread.

You can also get the BW turbos in non-extended tip for alot less than the ETT versions. They'll still spool as well and support very good power for their size, just not as efficient at high pressure ratios (like 30+psi). Matt at GVautosport has the NET256 and his car definitely hauls.

Absolutely, if your setup is thorough, you shouldn't need over 30psi to yield 500+ whp. Which is 130+ trapspeed.

I was reading up on turbos and saw that the holsets can com with a 4" outlet. HOLLY CRAP,LOL. I have a 3" system. Do you think if I adapt it down I could get it to spool? or would the air just go around the fins....?????????????? Don't know alot about turbos but I need a big one with my stroker.....

I was reading up on turbos and saw that the holsets can com with a 4" outlet. HOLLY CRAP,LOL. I have a 3" system. Do you think if I adapt it down I could get it to spool? or would the air just go around the fins....?????????????? Don't know alot about turbos but I need a big one with my stroker.....

hx40 would be good for a stroker and yes you could adapt it down to 3" even though tha'ts a big jump and still spool it just fine with a stroker. They spool fine on 2.0's so on a stroker it would depend on the hotside but with a t3 16cm divided with divided manifold you could spool her almost as fast as a 16g :thumb:

well im adapting a mit flange to a t3 and im going to cut down the divider in the housing....

I was really looking at a hx50 but it just seems so damn big.LOL. not sure about the spool on it....

well im adapting a mit flange to a t3 and im going to cut down the divider in the housing....

Your spool will be terrible even on a 2.3 with a non-divided manifold. You're much better off with a bolton housing. It's not like the bolton housing with the hx40 turbine wheel isn't proven. The highest hp recorded with the bolton hx40 is by a stroker dsm: 653whp. There's not much left in the hx40 compressor after this number.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back