The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Misfire when reaching normal operating temperature

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

filtercharger

Probationary Member
Nov 30, 2004
Riverside, California
I'm having this misfire issue that I can't seem to troubleshoot! maybe someone has had it happen before and can help me?
The car is a 92GSX, California Emissions, with a manual transmission. When started 1st time, it runs fine, no issues, after it reaches normal operating temperature and you shut it off, then start it again, it seem to be running on 3 cylinders, sounds like a Subaru! there is no check engine light. I've already replaced the power transistor(or ignitor), the coil pack, spark plugs and wires.
Again, it only does this after it reaches normal operating temperature, and you have shut it down. I can drive it anywhere on 1st start up, but then, it misfires on the 2nd start.
Any ideas?
Thanks guys!

It only chugs & misses on a hot start, then clears up shortly there after?
Possibly a leaking injector of fuel pressure regulator, checked those?

Well, it doesn't really clear up shortly after, basically, if you let it sit for about half the day, then it will start fine again, but yes, kinda like that!
I've not checked the injectors or regulator, thanks for the advice, I will check them next!

Thanks brother! it ended up being a bad injector! I appreciate your help!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back