The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Mak Whp On Stock 2g Mass Air???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsxstac

20+ Year Contributor
Sep 27, 2002
bellport, New_York
I'll be using dsmlink for the summer and I'm curious to know what whp numbers people are making on stock 2g mass airs on 2g's. i have a built motor, built head, 60-1, dsmlink, 880's, fuel system, forrester intake manifold, etc..., pretty much everything to run low 11's and make well over 400 whp,. only thing that is the bottleneck is stock 2g mass air. I'm gonna get the AEM EMS in the fall but I just want an idea of what max whp i'm looking at on pump gas and race until then. any help or experience is always greatly appreciated. I'm also aware that dsmlink now has the maf table and the VE tables for adjustment but I havent heard of too many people messing around with those. thanks guys

450-500awhp isn't out of the question. I made like 420awhp with a 50 trim turbo on the 2G MAF and AFC.

I went 11.38 on a bone stock 2G mas (still had honeycombs and screw in stock position) but DONT TRY IT. The mas will start to flake out at about 380g/s on most units. I saw 400 g/s before it stopped counting any higher. This was at about 6000 RPM. So from 6000 to 8000 RPM, I kept adding more airflow but no more fuel and the motor went super lean and I melted 2 forged pistons. By estimation of my 1/8 mile time and weight, the car was definatly in the 450 whp range if not a little higher. DSMlink V2 has compensation features built in which would help you out a ton.

I have switched over to a GM MAS simply to combat over run. There are some other trick features like mas clamping which can help you. The best solution would be the AEM but I just can't bring my self to relearn everything that I know.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back