The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Looking for a good book on Body Work

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobster66

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 5, 2004
Toronto, ON_Canada
I'm looking for a book about auto body work. My car has stone chips on the hood, a couple of deep scratches and rust around a wheel well. These jobs should be fairly easy to fix myself but I have zero experience or knowledge of paint/body repair. Anyone have suggestions for an easily understood and helpful book?

DarkTalon2GNT said:
if it's your first time, dont be suprised if you screw up..body work is a skilled trade...the more you do it, the better you get.....

I already screwed up just following the instruction of the Touch-Up paint kit. :coy:
That is when it became clear to me that reading a good book first was necessary.

The hood of the car has so many stone chips after 210,000 KMs that it will have to be done professionally. So it makes the perfect canvas to practice on so when I do the other minor flaws on the rest of the body it could look ok.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back